• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Member Longtime Reader in Central IA

jds125

Hello, from Ames, IA. I'm in my 3rd year of saddle hunting which coincided with my move from MT to IA. Been a great learning experience and I'm just now beginning to convert some other around me to give it a try.

My primary mode of saddle hunting is SRT and switching off main line to tether at height. I've just found it gives me the most positional flexibility.

Last edited:
Oh man, there goes the neighborhood. Welcome from Polk City!

Welcome from Virginia Beach. You guys have a lot of really nice deer….but not so many trees. I would trade some trees for some really nice deer lol.

Back