• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

More bad luck.

MattMan81

SH Member
Did you know they only offer a 30 day warranty on serving separation? I was looking at my crossbow today, and noticed the servings around the ends are coming apart. At the tip and down the string. Screenshot_20230328-213922.pngScreenshot_20230328-213910.png
I emailed them, and they told me that and my cams have lean...

Last edited:
And apparently my yoke loop is not on correctly. So either the shop did not install it correctly. Or some how I managed to jar it off? I find the second hard to believe on a #160lb bow...

Catfish customs
Catfish last I looked was not making crossbow strings. Else I would have got them from him.
I'm frustrated that I'm pretty sure the guys who put the strings on messed it all up. But no way to prove it.
@BTaylor there is a stick bow sitting in my garage that looks more inviting every day. I shot it some last year, but not enough to be accurate to hunt.

I had a Parker. I got bad cam lean after 12 shots. I had to fight with Bass Pro to take it back. This was a issue with Parker and I think this is what put them out of business.

Catfish last I looked was not making crossbow strings. Else I would have got them from him.
I'm frustrated that I'm pretty sure the guys who put the strings on messed it all up. But no way to prove it.
@BTaylor there is a stick bow sitting in my garage that looks more inviting every day. I shot it some last year, but not enough to be accurate to hunt.
No better year than this year to jump in with both feet.

I had a Parker. I got bad cam lean after 12 shots. I had to fight with Bass Pro to take it back. This was a issue with Parker and I think this is what put them out of business.
I had that bow for 6 years. Not an issue with it once.. My kids where using it, so I decided to make sure it was good to go, and had the string replaced. That's what I get. :disappointed:

Would you guys think these can be repaired? Re served? Or just fix the limbs and go with it until they show more bad signs..

I'm dealing with serving separation on my BT, bad enough they're sending me free cables and was told I could keep shooting them because the string is still good. I would check into just having them reserved though. It only took maybe 1 minutes and he had to serve from both directions for some reason to patch mine up. Which makes me wonder why he was so quick to say they're shoot able, then reserved them too... I dunno. Hopefully there's something helpful in that mess of a response lol

I'm dealing with serving separation on my BT, bad enough they're sending me free cables and was told I could keep shooting them because the string is still good. I would check into just having them reserved though. It only took maybe 1 minutes and he had to serve from both directions for some reason to patch mine up. Which makes me wonder why he was so quick to say they're shoot able, then reserved them too... I dunno. Hopefully there's something helpful in that mess of a response lol
My understanding is if the strings are good, you can replace the servings. I thought of them as like a wear strip. Protecting the strings them selfs. Maybe I am wrong. But made sense to me. Excalibur crossbow for the kids and stick bow for me keeps sounding better and better...

My understanding is if the strings are good, you can replace the servings. I thought of them as like a wear strip. Protecting the strings them selfs. Maybe I am wrong. But made sense to me. Excalibur crossbow for the kids and stick bow for me keeps sounding better and better...
I meant 15 minutes inn my other post, and I think of serving in the same way.

I bought 60X strings and cables for my Parker Thunderhawk and the string and cables were fine with no problems at all. Who put the strings on your crossbow?

For all you guys with Parker crossbows, here's where you can find parts and supplies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230331-054125.png
    Screenshot_20230331-054125.png
    340.5 KB · Views: 10
Contact the folks at Wyvern Creations. They specialize in Crossbows and may have some recommendations on a replacement string and cable set. If you have cam lean and you have yolks on either side it should be easy enough to press it and add twists to the appropriate yoke to get your cams lined up.

I bought 60X strings and cables for my Parker Thunderhawk and the string and cables were fine with no problems at all. Who put the strings on your crossbow?
Dealer near me. I had to move the cross in the cables to the correct side as well. The guy put them on the wrong side, and I was hearing a funny noise. Possible that cross on the wrong side cause that loop to come off? Didn't think about that until now....

Dealer near me. I had to move the cross in the cables to the correct side as well. The guy put them on the wrong side, and I was hearing a funny noise. Possible that cross on the wrong side cause that loop to come off? Didn't think about that until now....
There should be no cable rubbing. If they are touching one another the cables are in the cable slide wrong.

For all you guys with Parker crossbows, here's where you can find parts and supplies.
I got a set of limbs in the cart that I plan to order soon. Plan to either make this bowpress I started, or just purchase that pac press @woodsdog2 turned me on to.

Back