• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. arm breaker

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with my madrock lifeguard belay.

That’s definitely true, it’s just not super easy when it’s jammed up like that under load. It’s a combo of that device, that larger and particular kind of rope, and perhaps climber weight that was causing my issues that day. I’ve come to simply not like the safeguard for multiple reasons so I am...
  2. arm breaker

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with my madrock lifeguard belay.

I know you weren’t directing this to me but I did not. I do have a Petzl Rig, however, and it has no issue with 10.5 platinum. It is a larger device and more expensive. But, it’s made for stationary rope work with a much more robust load and offers way more control. What I was finding with the...
  3. arm breaker

Big trees

This has always been my issue as I am a bigger guy and think a bigger tree would be better for concealment. I guess if the limbs are large and enough and what not it matters less, but I personally have a hard time getting too excited about hunting without any platform at all.
  4. arm breaker

Not so sold on these beast sticks

Not my picture but this is how it’s done.
  5. arm breaker

SOLD PLEASE CLOSE

Sold
  6. arm breaker

Backing up your repell device ?

About an hour before dark I typically just tape my hands with some boxing tape and let er rip. Of course my toeless boots allow for some braking if the rope is slick from rain or ice. If I’m just doing plain repel, I’ll typically light a citronella candle or strike a match if I fart in my old...
  7. arm breaker

Trophyline Mission for Sale

You got it
  8. arm breaker

Trophyline Mission for Sale

I have a Mission for sale. It’s in good shape but the silencing tape I put on is not looking too good.it has the original strap with a tape silenced buckle. 140+3% G&S TYD
  9. arm breaker

One Sticking Safety

I worry about the proliferation of videos like this one. The guy certainly means well and mentions things related to safety, yet he seems to be unaware of side or cross loading a carabiner and what would happen if he was well over his attachment point and then fell with a static rope and a...
  10. arm breaker

SOLD PLEASE CLOSE

Please close
  11. arm breaker

EWO Ultimate One Stick for Sale—SOLD Please close

I have a mostly tried and never hunted ultimate one stick for sale. It is a 15” camo edition with the scout on top. I have wrapped the edge of the scout in paracord. It has a three step sewn aider with fairly close steps so this is a good option for anyone like me who isn’t an outright monkey...
  12. arm breaker

Sold, please close

I don’t have them anymore, sorry. I’ll update the OP.
  13. arm breaker

TX5 Lonestar (L Pleated)

Bump
  14. arm breaker

TX5 Lonestar (L Pleated)

I am posting this for a buddy. He’s hunted out of it 3 times and bought it in September. It’s a size large in green with multicam highlights. He is willing to split shipping. $280 + half of shipping I can answer any questions.
  15. arm breaker

Overwatch Orion

Here’s a couple pics of my new ones plus one my buddy got (in ranger green) today as well.
  16. arm breaker

Overwatch Orion

It’s the only saddle I have been able to say that about, too. It’s not a knock on others, either. It’s really just built different, hardier if you will.
  17. arm breaker

Overwatch Orion

Here’s a sneak peak, will send some better pics later.
  18. arm breaker

Overwatch Orion

That’s another thing that really sets Overwatch apart IMO.
  19. arm breaker

Overwatch Orion

I just received one myself. It really hits all the right spots and solves a number of issues I’ve experienced with pleated saddles in the past. Namely, the pleat is only open you want to be. I don’t want to be in the knocking others business, but so far having tried the other pleated options I...