• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. Mike Curtis

Team 7 Thread

Nice Nanny. We’re only 5 does out of the lead.
  2. Mike Curtis

Traditional bow kills 2022/2023 season.

I’m impressed. She really kept it together. Most grown men can’t pull that off from the ground. Your doing it right. Congratulations
  3. Mike Curtis

What’s that rumble?

Jim is the man and does some crazy nice work. The only limits are your check book. They do come up used daily so you could one to shoot during the wait.
  4. Mike Curtis

2 under?

I shoot split and pretty much drop my to finger leaving me 2 under.
  5. Mike Curtis

Team 7 Thread

Sad that that happened. The best for you and your family.
  6. Mike Curtis

Team 7 Thread

Excellent
  7. Mike Curtis

Late season saddle tips

I make sure to have a hand warmer in each of my upper pants pockets and one at the base of my scull tucked into to my toboggan or turtle neck. Heat the main blood flow areas.
  8. Mike Curtis

When One Tether Isn’t Enough

I set up on a leaner with a big limb that made it difficult to stay centered and comfortable. My solution was to use 2 tethers. One wound clockwise and the other counter clockwise. It took all the pressure off and allowed me a comfortable 5 hour sit..
  9. Mike Curtis

Traditional bow kills 2022/2023 season.

I got this 10pt yesterday morning and the doe this morning. Both with myGreat Northern Ghost.
  10. Mike Curtis

Team 7 Thread

It’s been fun. I had a good ten at 15 yards this morning that I wanted to shoot but passed. Hopefully I can get a few more days free in December.
  11. Mike Curtis

Team 7 Thread

I took a doe this morning so my trip is done. Snow on the way. Thanks for the kind words.
  12. Mike Curtis

2022 Contest Submission Thread

One doe for 5pts. Team 7
  13. Mike Curtis

2022 Contest Submission Thread

Team 7 15 points That’s a 10 point plus 5 for 15 for team 7
  14. Mike Curtis

Team 7 Thread

Maybe this works
  15. Mike Curtis

Team 7 Thread

I took a 10 pt this morning. He came in at 7:20, I barely had gotten set up. I don‘t know how to resize a photo from my iPad so I can’t post a pic now
  16. Mike Curtis

Team 7 Thread

I got in to my camp late last night and got 3 spots set up before the rain came. Tomorrow will be in the 20s so it should be good.
  17. Mike Curtis

Team 7 Thread

The Covid demon has finally departed so I’m headed out Thursday. Hopefully will take a couple does. The bucks should be on their feet as well
  18. Mike Curtis

Discouragement and Realistic Expectations

This story never goes away. I have had 8 or 9 in a row go down in site followed by a bit of lunacy but I continue on. A few years back after 3 misses one morning I threw my longbow at an 8 point. The damn bow didn’t even hit the ground but hung in a tree out of my reach. I went home and ordered...
  19. Mike Curtis

Team 7 Thread

Guys I am dealing with Covid but rest assured I will get a couple down.