• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. Arrowsquirrel

Consensus On Wind/Thermal Strategies For Saddle/Stand Setups (Ambush Strategy) For Big Bucks

I used to think that big bucks wouldn't with the wind at their backs. Not sure where I picked that up. Took me years of observing the opposite to get it in my head that they don't. I think sometimes they will move at different places because they bed at different places based on the wind...
  2. Arrowsquirrel

Greetings from Northern Louisiana ( aka southern Arkansas)

Welcome from Kansas!
  3. Arrowsquirrel

Tree stand Height- wind blowing over the top of deer

I've had good luck with this strategy but the kicker is sometimes it doesn't matter how high you get if the wind is swirling the wrong way. I've done it in thick cover with good results. I tried it this year on a field edge and the wind was coming over the top of the trees and creating a...
  4. Arrowsquirrel

Non-typicals

Last year. This Year
  5. Arrowsquirrel

Team Johnny 5 is alive!

Yea it's going to be close for sure! Anybody still hunting?
  6. Arrowsquirrel

New to this forum

Welcome from Kansas!
  7. Arrowsquirrel

Bowmar’s Sentenced for Wildlife Violations

It's a nose button. Works a lot better than a mouth button. The sharp points contact the end of your nose and in my opinion really helps with a consistent anchor.
  8. Arrowsquirrel

I've used cad software a bit and circular stuff isn't too hard once you work with it a little. Couple YouTube videos would probably get you there.
  9. Arrowsquirrel

Can't imagine they would be hard to print on a 3d printer...
  10. Arrowsquirrel

I'm not a fan of them but the nose button is a cool product that works prefect if that's what you like. Sure you can make other things work but they won't work as well.
  11. Arrowsquirrel

New Gear for 2023, Go!

Not trying to be mean. I'm guilty of the same. The irony of it just kinda tickled my funny bone.
  12. Arrowsquirrel

New Gear for 2023, Go!

Saddle hunters are hard to please! Been a question on here for years if anybody is going to make one, now we need 2 options?
  13. Arrowsquirrel

Whyd u pick your username?

A play on words for my love of being in a tree with a bow.
  14. Arrowsquirrel

Team Johnny 5 is alive!

Yea they've said more than once they are random.
  15. Arrowsquirrel

New Gear for 2023, Go!

Am I wrong to think you could use the Lwcg climber bottom with a saddle as a climbing method? I thought that's why people on here were using hand climbers and wanting a lightweight climber to be available? Seems like it would work awesome if you lived in an area with trees that were suitable.
  16. Arrowsquirrel

New Gear for 2023, Go!

I have never used a climber and won't get one because they don't work where I live but I still want to buy one because it looks like a cool piece of kit!
  17. Arrowsquirrel

new xop sticks

Just glad if I want sticks like that I don't have to give my money to a company that uses it's customers as test animals with their "game changing" untested under built hype.
  18. Arrowsquirrel

Team Johnny 5 is alive!

O man I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you can get back to 100% in quick order!
  19. Arrowsquirrel

Live from the saddle 2022

Cool! I'm so happy you found him!!!
  20. Arrowsquirrel

Live from the saddle 2022

Congrats!!! That's a stud!