• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.

Search results

1. dblomberg4

TEAM 8 Discussion Thread

Looks like my kite is going to work well under my coveralls for the cold weather thats coming for gun season. The slits work perfectly to pull the loops out. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  2. dblomberg4

Why carry so much crap?

No Way i'm heading to a tree without some toilet paper at a minimum... I'm too old and, well, let's leave the rest of that alone...
  3. dblomberg4

sometimes the end is the beginning.

Thanks for Sharing your experience, great story man!
  4. dblomberg4

Ridge Runner

Sometimes quite often, I'm just not a very smart man, thanks for the correction!
  5. dblomberg4

Another newbie from MN

Man, i've been avoiding my facebook for about 6+ years or so and i guess if anything might get me to take a peek this might be it...
  6. dblomberg4

Another newbie from MN

I've hunted the metro a few times in a few different locations. Here is a crappy picture of a doe and 2 fawns in a metro WMA I took last week. honestly with all the Minnesota folks here we should try to plan a Minnesota Saddle meetup.
  7. dblomberg4

Ridge Runner

I imagined you were talking about a full wrap like a lot of folk do with DIY stands, which I would never do personally. I saw your picture and it looks nice, I personally just don't' see any benefit in doing any sort of wrap on mine.
  8. dblomberg4

Ridge Runner

I would think a wet muddy paracord wrap would get slippery quick...
  9. dblomberg4

Another newbie from MN

This place is getting swamped with Minnesotans lately... Welcome!
  10. dblomberg4

FNG from Minnesota

Welcome from St. Paul, Minnesota
  11. dblomberg4

Pretty odd sighting in my neck of the woods

27 licenses will be available this year for elk seasons in Kittson County’s central (Zone 20) and northeast (Zone 30) zones. It's a rough lottery if you want to hunt Elk in Mn, but it wasn't but a few years ago that I swear the number of licenses was down to 9.
  12. dblomberg4

TEAM 8 Discussion Thread

I'll be getting out for a sit this week for an evening or 2 hopefully. Now repping team 8 decal thanks to @onestringer ! Unfortunately the temps were a bit cold and i jacked up the "Team" lettering... Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  13. dblomberg4

Flingin Jr’s first archery kill and from a saddle!

That is a great shot! nice work and congrats!
  14. dblomberg4

Ridge Runner

Yeah, I don't levitate while I'm hunting often...
  15. dblomberg4

Ridge Runner

This happens if you tighten the strap too much before camming it down. you want a snug strap but not completely tight to the tree, than you LIFT on the platform before camming it down to help lock it in. If you don't lift it up you see this issue where the platform wants to come back off the...
  16. dblomberg4

Ridge Runner

@Flee @Bow13 the RR strap that comes with it is a bit over 5' in length, giving you a tree circumference of 5' for maximim tree width. you can grab any length of rope and measure 5 fee and make a circle to see how big of a tree that is, and if that will work for you. Honestly though, how many...
  17. dblomberg4

Hunting Knives

I just picked up A Havalon Piranta and man that thing is SHARP. I have a Mike Snody Designed k-bar with a nice plastic clip in holster I keep on a carabiner that I use for most things.
  18. dblomberg4

Ridge Runner + ROS?

I can move around the tree 360 just fine on mine and it's rock solid for me.
  19. dblomberg4

Aerohunter Kite with some upgrades!

call them, there are extra costs for upgrades but they will do them.