• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.

Search results

1. D

Another Oplux/Beal Jammy thread

Ok, I’m using Oplux/Jammy combo on my tether and its too long 35cm for my liking. I cut the sewn section off and tied a figure 8, but there’s very little tag end. Do I think it will fail? No, I don’t, but I’m also not willing to fully trust it either so I ran my LM as a second tether this...
  2. D

The NADB has issued a CWD alert to deer hunters, please read

The National Alliance of Deer Biologist has identified a correlation with an external condition noticeable on the lower extremities of Whitetail Deer that has shown to correlate well with a deer that is CWD positive. The photo below details the condition to look for.... That is all. Carry on.
  3. D

Wraith shipping update

Anyone got there’s yet??!?!??? I’m order number 0000000003 and I ain’t seen shinola from those fools that run that show....... [emoji35] I’ve thought about emailing them 17 times and they haven’t thought about emailing me back yet......customer nonservice is what they ought to call it. Calling...
  4. D

10% off ASAT

Coupon Code "adcock" will get you the 10% off at https://www.asatcamo.com/
  5. D

Bow Holder/Sling.....

If you use one, which one is it and would you recommend it? Basically, if you use one then start typing.
  6. D

Predator platform $180 TYD *SOLD*

Like new, don’t think it’s ever even been stood on. I’ve painted it and strapped it to a tree once, but never even got up on it. I’m not a fan so one of you folks that are or want to find out can have a go at it.
  7. D

Have you ever NOT shared information?

Have you ever discovered an item and not shared it with the forum because of the “saddle hunter effect” of it getting bought up and no longer available? Obviously a simple “yes” will suffice unless it’s something you later divulged. If no, then feel free to tell the yes’s how bad they suck for...
  8. D

Stick build

@DanO double steps and offset brackets. 20” between steps, 22” OAL.
  9. D

Ropeman 1 $45 TYD *SOLD*

Taken out of the packaging long enough to play with it. This is the only picture I have of it right now....
  10. D

Full Size LW Sticks For Sale *SOLD*

I climbed twice with these sticks. Rope mod. I’ll get some pics tomorrow. $175 TYD PayPal.
  11. D

Ropeman 2 *SOLD*

Used, maybe 4 climbs total. $45 TYD.
  12. D

Ropeman 1 *SOLD*

Brand new. $45 TYD
  13. D

Saw another SaddleHunter at.....

.....Waffle House this morning.
  14. D

Aider build

Pretty standard 2 step aider made with tubular webbing and static line to hold the stirrup open. The top step is just over 6’ in this pic, but I can easily stretch that to 7’..... I was quick to discover that after seating your foot in the stirrup if you put your toes into the tree it will...
  15. D

New strap mod....

......for my sticks and my platform. So recently I ordered some woven daisy chain webbing to use as a gear holder. Well when I got it the wheels started turning and I would up using a single piece as both my gear holder and my aider and posted a thread on here about such. Yesterday I went out...
  16. D

Aider/footrest mock-up

Did some fooling around today to try out an idea I had. I ordered a couple of woven daisy chain straps from Dutch to us as gear holders then got the idea to try an aider using them (7k breaking strength for those keeping score at home). So I made the steps using 550 cord and a piece of drip...
  17. D

First hang in the Kestrel report

Goodbye, SitDrag, you served me well, but this Kestrel is wayyyyy more comfortable. Bridge length on the Kestrel is way too long for my liking. Maybe someone can sell me on why it needs to be that long, but it’s going to take some convincing. Perhaps the length was a big factor in how...
  18. D

85 y/o and still getting after it....

That’s my dad. He and my brother go up to Michigan every year for the gun season. 10pt, 237 lbs dressed.