• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. TNSTAAFL

Hickory Creek Mini In-Line Vertical Crossbow

Still stuck indoors with mine so limited ranges. Got the limbs maxed out and still no problem getting it drawn by hand. Shooting high pretty consistently but I'm keeping that for now as I imagine I will be in good shape at longer ranges. Wondering about freehand stability and curious about...
  2. TNSTAAFL

Lonewolf Parts

@Vtbow
  3. TNSTAAFL

Any idea on 18” Beast stick weight?

Just subtract whatever 4" of 1/8" 6061 square tubing with holes drilled in it weighs. Can't be much. I don't expect a significant weight drop. The benefit is in the packability, and perhaps in dealing with tree variability as mentioned in the video. Good to have options.
  4. TNSTAAFL

Custom Stixs

If it's not obvious that a variety of eyes are watching this forum now, ready to seize ideas for commercial use, I don't know what is. It's fine. No pot stirring intended here. Just a realistic observation.
  5. TNSTAAFL

Craft Beer

Left Fiddlehead off my previous Vermont list. Here is a delicious Hodad porter I'm currently imbibing.
  6. TNSTAAFL

Terminology

No problem. To get you started, the Knaider/Swaider is combination of climbing aiders, one for each leg, typically used in conjunction with Wild Edge steps. The Swaider is a longer aider that goes from foot to hip. The Knaider is a shorter aider that goes from foot to knee. They allow you to...
  7. TNSTAAFL

Some thoughts on my HCMIVC (we need more acronyms around here!): I moved the scope back to its farthest (from the front) spot on the rail. This improved the eye relief, or sight picture, or whatever the technical term is for seeing the full display through the scope really well. This allows my...
  8. TNSTAAFL

Terminology

Use the search feature. There are some key terms and acronym threads out there. Plus lots that cover individual items of interest. I know it can be daunting at first but half the fun/value of this place is in the digging and searching. You learn answers to questions you didn't even know you had.
  9. TNSTAAFL

Same here. Having a blast shooting it in my "indoor range". Can't wait for it to warm up so I can take it outside! I have no crossbow experience to compare it to, but this thing is light, handy, and fun!
  10. TNSTAAFL

Craft Beer

I'm not super picky, but IPAs & DIPAs tend to do it for me. Prefer New England style over western. One of the few perks to living in the freezing Green Mountains is access to some pretty famous breweries. The Alchemist's Heady Topper Hill Farmstead's Edward Lost Nation's Mosaic Lawson's Sip...
  11. TNSTAAFL

2 new Treehopper stands

Who you kidding? You have a whole tool shed....maybe even a tool wing of the house! [emoji41] Seriously though, these are cool. I think the regular style model has a spot waiting for it in my tool shed!
  12. TNSTAAFL

I think it is time for a hiatus…

Agreed, except I have no idea what you are referring to when you see a big red vendor rep flag. I see no such identifier, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one. Attach a clear commercial label to all company affiliates, that is visible in all viewable formats including Tapatalk, and the vast...
  13. TNSTAAFL

I think it is time for a hiatus…

1000% agreed. Not sure why this is so hard to understand. A small thing to solve such a large % of the issues at work here.
  14. TNSTAAFL

I had strings, but now I'm free...

Infinite Likes
  15. TNSTAAFL

DIY “PhantoMantis” or sell my Mantis and buy a Phantom?

He might be referring to the missing company logo next to your screen name which is required now so Tapatalk users can tell affiliations. Not sure though. Just guessing. Might be something else.
  16. TNSTAAFL

Epow climbers

These make me smile. When I first explored saddle hunting these seemed to be a hot topic of interest. The discussions and videos involving these contributed to my perception that the saddle hunting community was amazing and could turn any product into a lighter/better/easier way to get up into...
  17. TNSTAAFL

Lone Wolf Assassin Saddle?

These are interesting. Think I've seen thre TH before but never heard of the Simmons. I remember wondering about the TH belt: "What is the use of this thing?". Does it basically imply that you would have nothing else at hunting height for safety? If you pared it with a harness, rch, or a...
  18. TNSTAAFL

Any detailed pics of the LWCG Double Step Climbing Sticks?

Maybe. Seems like the problem will be the loop over the button preventing sticks from resting flush with each other (which is the best part of the design IMO). Seems better to just strip them and store separately. Any non buckle method stores easy in any ole pocket. I'm beginning to loathe how...
  19. TNSTAAFL

I assume he meant 1 lb 7 oz, which would be just under 1.5 lbs if course. Impressive weight if so. Gotta see those bolts in action though, and still worry about the high button placement. Cautiously optimistic though. Packability looks phenomenal!
  20. TNSTAAFL

The versa button, or whatever the LWCG version is called, seems really high up on the stick. Anyone else notice this? More prone to kickout? I thought 2/3 up was the standard optimal balance point. These look more like 4/5 of the way up. Still really interested in how these standoffs work and...