• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. Davis21

Bow tuning

How many times would you use a micro tune arrow rest? Is it worth the price difference?
  2. Davis21

Foot fatigue

1st year full time saddle hunting. Been in the JX3 all season and comfort isn’t an issue. Had first hang in regular saddle. Noticed my feet got sore pretty quick, is this normal or does it just take some time to get used too? Was wearing my Irish setter snake boots??
  3. Davis21

Must have items.

What are the absolute essentials to carry in on a morning/afternoon hunt? Then what “extra” stuff are you packing in?
  4. Davis21

Daisy chains

How many feet does it take make some daisy chains for climbing sticks? If I want 8 ft chains, what’s total length needed??
  5. Davis21

Bridge options

Which do you prefer for a bridge and why? Amsteel or webbing?
  6. Davis21

Amsteel prussik

Would Amsteel work for a Beal jammy replacement or prussik type knot? What y’all think?
  7. Davis21

JX3 pack options

Curious to how and what kind of pack y’all are running with this? I tried the Sitka fanatic pack and didn’t really like it. It will probably be going back to store. I have found myself In situations where I needed something and didn’t have it, but also in situations where I had too much junk and...
  8. Davis21

Backing up srt repel

What’s the easiest and safe way to back up a safeguard device. I like repelling down but have seen few posts discussing failure. I like the idea of having two pieces of equipment on parts that can fail and lead to disaster. Any thoughts?
  9. Davis21

Rub line advice

need some advice, I found this very very fresh rubline along a ridge top. I m guessing it was done last night. Probably 20-25 scrapes in total. I’m guessing it’s laid down at night. Given the topography how would y’all hunt this? Found the sign just need to dial it in.
  10. Davis21

Yarak or Trophyline

Between the two, is the yarak worth the wait and 100 bucks difference?
  11. Davis21

Tree hopper vs Cranford

Tree hopper bolt system vs cranford screw ins. Which you going with and why?
  12. Davis21

For those that srt

Trying out this method for first time this year. Got the throw line and climbing rope. Wondered if it would be possible to clip throw bag to climb rope and throw over limb and skip the throw line step and the pulling rope up step?
  13. Davis21

Dan Infault Hill Country Bedding

Anybody have a copy they’d part with? Can’t get his website to work..??
  14. Davis21

Ozone totes

May be a dumb question, but just want to clear my head on some stuff, if my way of thinking is right, ozone must contact the whole piece of clothing to clean. So if In plastic bin, seems like a lot clothing wouldn’t make contact with O2? Which wouldn’t really wash em very good? So y’all think...
  15. Davis21

Single hawk helium

Anyone know if anyone sells a single stick?
  16. Davis21

Saddle dimensions

May have been done already, but has anyone compared the flex fully open and the mantis dimensions? Length, width (depth)?
  17. Davis21

Srt

I know this has been talked about in other forums, and the major downside is getting a throw bag over limbs in the dark,and maybe the sound of equipment. Seems like a easy way to get up in the canopy for cover but I have no expariance with it. Thinking about using a hand ascender with foot strap...
  18. Davis21

Another platform option

I’ve been exploring the platform option a lot, seems that’s there’s the market platforms, hand climbers, strap steps, wild edge steps, bolts, etc...saw some seat conversions. Seems like the most efficient would be the handclimber until limbs come into the picture. Diy seat platforms seem like...
  19. Davis21

XOP conversion

So I saw the ambush and my wheels started turning. Most platforms are back ordered but I saw some potential here with diy. Looking for some input on what y’all think. One option would be to use the seat as a platform, or 2. remove seat, cut down post rearrange the versa button and stand-off and...
  20. Davis21

Hand climber platform

Would it be feasible to use this for climbing method, and then when you hit a branch, just hang from saddle or jx3 and undo and reattach and continue up? What’s y’all a thoughts?