• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. hauscaliber

Buying a new saddle

I have a Kite and I'll probably keep it unless I can get my hands on a Yarak or if Aerohunter decides to make a pleated Kite.
  2. hauscaliber

TEAM 8 Discussion Thread

I'm hunting this weekend and there are some public lands around me still open in February. Although the chances are slim I would be able to upgrade my buck.
  3. hauscaliber

TEAM 8 Discussion Thread

Yeah I've passed up on bucks only to regret it later. Now I live by the dont pass up something on the first day that you would shoot on the last. But in Florida we can kill more than one buck a year.
  4. hauscaliber

One Stick Climbing: To Rappel or not Rappel

I'm thinking about trying to rappel down after one stick climbing. Question for the one stickers out there:
  5. hauscaliber

Muddy Stick Cam Cleat Slipping

I'd be curious to see a close up picture of the cam teeth from the newer ones and compare them to the older ones to see if there's any difference. Can you snap a photo of one of them?
  6. hauscaliber

Muddy Stick Cam Cleat Slipping

I've seen several posts about the Muddy pro's cam cleat slipping. Just curious to see if anyone has tried sharpening the cam gears to increase traction on the rope? I realize this is dangerous so you shouldn't modify your gear, increased risk, etc. Just curious to see if anyone has tried it...
  7. hauscaliber

Aerohunter Mesh Flex 2020

I'd trade in my kite for a pleated one without thinking twice about it. To me that is what makes the Yarak so appealing.
  8. hauscaliber

EZ-V Hunters

Well it's a great sight for my hunting bow. Very intuitive for me. I shot about 20 arrows and knew it was staying on my bow. Killed my largest buck to date with it after practicing for about a week. If you decide to get it, shoot 3d targets to build confidence.
  9. hauscaliber

My experience with Scent Control

Scent control in Florida is nearly impossible during early season. This year I ignored any OCD scent control tactic and really focused on wind direction. Hunting the same areas, I ended up seeing more deer than ever and bagged a solid 10 point my best deer to date. Hunting in Florida is much...
  10. hauscaliber

TEAM 8 Discussion Thread

We're ahead by 7 points in front of team 4. I feel like it's bottom of the 9th inning.
  11. hauscaliber

TEAM 8 Discussion Thread

I'm curious as well. The first image I get is hunters driving around mad max style looking for deer along the roads.
  12. hauscaliber

Newbie from Florida

Another Florida hunter here. Welcome!
  13. hauscaliber

SaddlePalooza 2020 - SIGN UP NOW

I'm in this year. Only a few hours drive for me.
  14. hauscaliber

What do you use to hang your gear in the tree?

I currently use a strap with a plastic buckle but I'm thinking about trying this out...
  15. hauscaliber

What size pack do you prefer?

I've been using the Alps outdoorz pack for all my hunts this year. I removed the lumbar strap (it detaches) since I'm carrying less than 20lbs these days. So far I like it.
  16. hauscaliber

TEAM 8 Discussion Thread

I use a pouch and hold my tether, a spare caribiner, and a strap to hang my gear. That's it nothing crazy. I normally walk with my pack and weapon on my back and a climbing stick in my hand. When I get to the tree I set my stick, tether up and start climbing. I've eliminated pull up ropes this...
  17. hauscaliber

TEAM 8 Discussion Thread

Let's get it team 8! Got another buck.... this should count as my doe for 5 more team points!
  18. hauscaliber

2019 Deer Contest Submission Thread

Another score for Team 8! I've already got a larger buck scored so this will be worth 5 points.
  19. hauscaliber

New Kid from Florida!

Welcome from another central Florida hunter! I use a predator and have no complaints.
  20. hauscaliber

trad bow give away

175 never hunted traditional but I've been thinking about it....