• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. P

Ideal Single Stick?

The most important part for me is the cam cleat. It makes reaching down, releasing the rope and advancing the stick much easier. I've tried all of the rope and strap attachments, and I probably wouldn't one-stick if I couldn't use the cam cleat. I like 21-22 inches between steps with a single...
  2. P

Tree hopper reacon sling

Here's an option for you if it meets your needs. I use my lineman's belt to take the pressure off of the adjustable bridge and shorten/lengthen it as needed to one-stick and rappel. The bridge buckles hold the bridge well, but I can easily loosen/tighten it if I have both hands free.
  3. P

Climbing spikes

Sounds fair to me! Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  4. P

Climbing spikes

https://www.kiwiklimbers.com/product-page/hunter These maybe?
  5. P

Heavy arrow build

I am with you on this. I like to be able to use all of my old broadheads and buy any new ones coming out. I hunt hogs and turkey as well as deer, and like being able to use the 100s. This is working well for me. The best part for me of a heavier arrow was the ease of tuning and broadhead...
  6. P

SOLD Tethrd Mantis XL

Size XL Manufactured date of 9/23/2019 I bought this new as a backup and used on one hunt and a few test runs in the yard. It came with the little knot on the leg strap you can barely see in the picture. Asking $150 shipped Paypal FF
  7. P

Tree hopper reacon sling

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try both ways and see which way I like better. Playing with it now, I'm at a decent solution for tightness while walking. I like the position of the bridge buckles when in the tree, but they can touch around my waist and aren't tight enough when walking. I...
  8. P

Tree hopper reacon sling

Thank you sir. This didn't even occur to me. I went out and it worked perfectly for one sticking without loosening the belt. I am going to do the bungee as you suggested as well, Allegheny Tom. I need something to hold it a little tighter while walking and in case I forget to tighten the...
  9. P

Tree hopper reacon sling

I got my Recon sling in today. Initial impressions are mixed so far. This thing is great once I am set up in the tree. Extremely comfortable and adjustable for me. I love how I can use it as only a waist band with the sections together and then separate them to be used as a back and lower...
  10. P

Pulled the trigger on the ridge runner!

Different things work for different people, and the ridge runner is perfect for me. My guess is you will like it a lot. If not, it shouldn't be too hard to get most of your money back on the used market. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  11. P

Back to Hang On Stand

I have and use a climber, a hang-on and a saddle. They are only tools to give us an opportunity at deer. I have a few trees I hunt every year with a climber or a hang-on. Do what works for you in your area and keep at it. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  12. P

Predator or Ridge Runner?????

Not a problem at all for me. I use the castration band on the side that never comes off as suggested by other members here. It works perfectly.
  13. P

Tree hopper reacon sling

Thank you. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  14. P

Tree hopper reacon sling

Was it comfortable for you? Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  15. P

Tree hopper reacon sling

Thank you sir. The info is appreciated. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  16. P

Tree hopper reacon sling

I just bought one of these. I have no idea if it'll suit my needs or not, but the return policy allows me to give it a try. If I'm reading the description correctly, all I need to add is a bridge to use it. Am I understanding this correctly? Any idea on lead times? Anything else I don't know...
  17. P

Paper tuning question

Exactly this if there are no form issues. Your grip on the bow could be causing the bow to tune that far out of center shot. John Dudley has a good video on youtube discussing bow hand grip position. This is a common issue and just because it's consistent doesn't mean it's correct. After...
  18. P

Introductory Post

Welcome sir! I'm glad you're here to share your story and remind others of how quickly things can go badly. You are very fortunate.
  19. P

Does anybody use military surplus gear for hunting?

I use a ton of it. I often wander through the local surplus store to see if there is anything I can use. I use pouches, BDUs, layers for cold weather, rain gear, hats and a bunch of other stuff I am forgetting. I've been very happy with almost everything I've bought there.
  20. P

Too soon? Phantom attempt DIY

Very nice work. I'll take a Large. I'm assuming you take paypal? ;)