• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. Wirrex

Making sausage

My dad and I made almost 100lbs of meat yesterday. The women did help pack bags and clean. We did a million brats, a bunch hamburgers with his new patty maker (which was slick), and the rest we ground with beef fat. I’m sore from the hand crank stuffer but other than that I’m happy with a full...
  2. Wirrex

How far would you realy shoot?

I think the sound is way more of a factor than it’s made out to be. Sound is fast.
  3. Wirrex

Sub 3lb platform build

lol exactl!
  4. Wirrex

Slick Trick 100 magnum

Wife mandated “spending freeze”... Damn. Someone will enjoy these great heads!
  5. Wirrex

Sub 3lb platform build

That’s money duuuuuude!
  6. Wirrex

Looking for new headlamp

^ This. I bought my first this year after a ton of research. Totally satisfied. Coming from petzle’s and ledlenser. You will not be disappointed.
  7. Wirrex

Stone Glacier Avail Users

I have one. I use it for travel and just a general backpack. I don’t use it for hunting because I prefer a smaller and more quiet pack in a tree. I have an xcurve frame with a couple Stone Glacier bags that I use out west so I don’t use it there either. It is a very well made and a thought...
  8. Wirrex

Climbing platform this year?

I don’t understand why there’s a need for perfectly strait trees with a hand climber. Obviously, strait trees are easier but that is the case with every method out there. Limbs could be a problem but add a two step aider and you cross them with ease. In my eyes the only downsides to the lwhc...
  9. Wirrex

Hunting Hoody

I really like zippered pockets. I hate getting them full of bark and junk from the woods. Nobody offers a garment that checks all my boxes...
  10. Wirrex

Hunting Hoody

Interesting, who’s going to try it first?
  11. Wirrex

GHOST BLIND

I had success unless it was windy. I did not like lugging the equivalent of a surfboard through the woods.
  12. Wirrex

Rub my feet

Solomon Quest.
  13. Wirrex

Light season and mid season bibs

I have been using firstlite Northbranch bibs for years.
  14. Wirrex

crazy idea: torso wrap to prevent draft in saddle and mimic bibs somewhat?

Cool idea! But, I would just buy bibs because they are great. If they are too warm then buy another pair!
  15. Wirrex

Legitimate Concern?

I never thought about it until that^ thread. Granted, I haven’t done anything to change it either. I am more aware I guess. I haven’t seen a great solution that works with rappelling, something removable at height.
  16. Wirrex

Favorite platform for no sticking?

Oh, I am! But the aider let’s you start above the big base of the trunk so there are fewer belt adjustments. It also makes traversing limbs a breeze.
  17. Wirrex

Favorite platform for no sticking?

LWHC with two step amsteel aider. Before that I used two of my old klemz platforms with the same two step aider.
  18. Wirrex

Prusik Knots are There for a Reason or Newbie Lesson Learned

This is a GOOD thing! It’s the best way to learn. Also, it gives you major confidence in how safe you really are now. Plus it demonstrates how easy it is to recover compared to your typical safety harness.
  19. Wirrex

Mission cleat

Very interesting! I would like to do this to a couple platforms.
  20. Wirrex

Windproof glasses

I would try to find snowboarding/ski goggles I bring mine out when the ice fishing gets brutal. Maybe something your glasses fit inside.