• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. R

help on ooal pre set solo

Dang it man. that's perfect! really appreciate it!
  2. R

well can not post pics as file is to big
  3. R

I have a strap and what seems to be a ocb buckle, I received with my order . For the life of me I can not figure out how to thread this thing . it is not like Danos ocb buckle but I am going to try to see if I can post pics for reference. Any help for a struggling dude will help and is...
  4. R

Battlement From Wild Edge & OOAL

Just get it!!!!
  5. R

Quiet Bolt Carrying Case

What type of platform are you using with your bolts as a climbing method?
  6. R

Do you carry a first aid kit? What's in it?

I just put a solo hunter's first aid kit together this past weekend. I started thinking that most of the land where I hunt I am mostly in remote areas where cell service is not always reliable (AT&T - should have went with Verizon). I usually only walk about 500 yards to maybe the most 2...
  7. R

Arrow build for Whitetail and Black Bear

That is plenty, I shoot a 540grain arrow at 170fps from my recurve at 52# which would take down any North America big game animal. SHOT PLACEMENT IS KEY on any animal.
  8. R

New Georgia Saddle Hunter

welcome from Valdosta, Georgia
  9. R

Hello from Georgia

will be hunting at Grand bay if you want to meet up tomorrow.
  10. R

Hello from Georgia

actually everything above tifton is now considered north GA. lol! Hello from Valdosta!
  11. R

New to Trad bow stuff. Help a noob!

Welcome to another money pit, lol! A good beginner bow would be to decide if you want a long bow or recurve. Longbows I have found are more forgiving with less than solid release. Recurve bows are just cooler, IMHO, LOL. if you're use to shooting 50lbs compound, you may want to start at...
  12. R

Favorite morning set up

I set my ROS!
  13. R

Favorite morning set up

I hear ya on morning hunts! I've actually been hunting more on the ground these days than in a tree do to cover.
  14. R

Tips for hand drilling?

Nutterbuster has a good YouTube video tutorials on his channel, may want to check them out!
  15. R

Tips for hand drilling?

When I am facing a basketball size tree, I drill at knee height, at my 2oclock position then my next bolt is at my 10 o'clock position using my knee height on the first bolt I drilled, and just repeat process up the tree to your desired height or until out of bolts. I put my ring of steps 1...
  16. R

Screw in Steps vs Hand Drill and Bolts

For the money, bolts win! For the ease of use bolts win! https://www.amazon.com/Ameristep-Step-Up-Tree-Steps-Pack/dp/B01N3WBMAA/ref=sr_1_24?crid=3RCXNWYNGY124&dchild=1&keywords=screw+in+steps+for+tree+stand&qid=1605106406&sprefix=screw+in+steps+for+tree,aps,214&sr=8-24...