• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. M

Recon leg loops

Thank you for the reply. This helps alot. I would agree if you want leg loops they should be weight bearing. It is a great saddle. I sold it in Favor of the ESS only because I need to run a second bridge when using my HBS.
  2. M

Recon leg loops

Can someone please post a picture of how the leg loops attach to the saddle. I do not use them so when I got the saddle I removed them without paying attention. I just sold it to a friend and he would like them on.
  3. M

Kong duck, carabiner and stealth strip

I just got a kong duck. The fit between the duck and the carabiner makes some metalic sounds. Has anyone stealth striped one or the other? If so which one and why?
  4. M

Short bridge, low tether and ROS

Thanks for the replies. Some good info here for me to think about.
  5. M

I am right handed. On my 20 inch practice tree I need to have squirrel steps at 9, 11 and 3. With this set up I can get from 6 to 10 and from 2 to 3 on the scout. If I use the 9 and 11 squirrel steps I can get from 10 to 2. If I use the 3 squirrel step and scout I can get 3 to 6. Is it a...
  6. M

I recently bought an ESS Saddle. I am a top of stick scout platform, plus 2-3 squirrel steps bow hunter. I have had the ESS for about a month now and have been playing around with my set up. The ESS has eliminated hip pinch which has allowed me to run a 12 inch total length bridge. I have been...
  7. M

LWCG Ghost harness

Anybody know if lwcg is going to make the ghost harness? I have not heard anything about it for about a year now.
  8. M

Could use some info on prusiks

https://doublesteps.com/product/8mm-rit-eye-to-eye-28/
  9. M

Could use some info on prusiks

Since you are ordering from EWO email them or use the chat function. They will get you all set up. The rule of thumb is the diameter of your prusik should be 60-80 percent of your main line.
  10. M

Who's not using a pack and just pouching everything?

I loved having my dump pouches attached to my saddle when climbing and attaching my ROS. I hated hunting with the dump pouches attached to my saddle. My solution was a battle belt, EWO linemans belt and suspenders. I climb and utilize the battle belt just like I would with a saddle and dump...
  11. M

Questions for classified users

What is the preferred way to send a payment to and recieve a payment from someone else. I was thinking about starting a PayPal account? Let me know what you all are using. Thanks in advance.
  12. M

sold please close

Would you be interested in a gen 2 predator platform? I only used it 6 times.
  13. M

Cobra buckle tag end

I have a set of these. Never thought of that. I will give it a try. Thanks for the reply.
  14. M

Just got my new recon

If you are "not" using the molle webbing leave the plates as they come. The panel without the molle webbing will become your top panel. The panel with the molle webbing will become your bottom panel. What is nice about using it this way is you can adjust the bottom panel by grabbing the linemans...
  15. M

Cobra buckle tag end

Perfect. Thank you for the reply.
  16. M

Cobra buckle tag end

I have a cobra buckle on a battle belt. I was wondering what is the best way to stich the tag end so the buckle cannot slide all the way off.
  17. M

5.5mm / 6mm eye-to-eye hitch cords

I was able to trim 1/2 inch off the shrink tube and that gave me enough room to complete the 4th wrap. Thanks for the tip.
  18. M

5.5mm / 6mm eye-to-eye hitch cords

I just received mine in the mail today. When they say 20 inches do they mean overall length? Mine is only 19 inches overall length. I can't get 4 wraps with it.
  19. M

New saddle hunter

I used the angled scout on my mini beast stick all year. Add a couple of squirrel steps on an ocb. To me it is the perfect set up.
  20. M

Fanny pack gurus

I already had the pouches. EWO has dump pouches and a water bottle pouch that look really nice. I added suspenders from one tigris. It is so nice to have access to the pouches to get to while setting up and then you remove the battle belt for hunting.