• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. N

Kill Kit

I core out the anus and then I gut...when I get to the pelvic I take my bone saw and cut a section out of the pelvic. Pull the guts out and done. No need to tie off. My kill kit consists of this: https://www.havalon.com/hydra-brick-red-60a115sw rubber gloves zip ties for tags to antler...
  2. N

I think I might be a convert to one sticking

I think I know this but can you link a video that shows this?
  3. N

Question about short bows

As far as expandables go...I've never used them. Do I think it would work...yes...until it didn't. That's just my opinion. I am shooting a 578 grain arrow at 215 fps and this is my first year using arrow this heavy. I did look at expandables several years ago...I think it requires 50lbs of ke...
  4. N

11 Iron Will (vented and solid)and 6 Packages NIP Tooth of the arrow for sale.

All broadheads sold Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. N

Ok guys....SUV or Crew Cab?

I have a 2012 XL F-150 super crew cab and a 5.6" bed. I have the diamondback cover on the back. Pros---hides all my gear and locks well...tailgate locks too. Makes it semi-secure for lazy thieves. Cons---cuts my storage in half compared to the topper I had on my 1999 F-150. The engine is...
  6. N

Question about short bows

I have the Matthews Triax. 28" A2A and use a D-loop. In fact, I've used a d-loop on every compound bow that I've had. I have a 26" draw length and have never had an issue with steep angles and d-loops sliding over time.
  7. N

150 grain Iron Will Wide Solid

I agree with this. I only shot once, used the same form as the first shot and it was then 1" high above the bullseye.
  8. N

Appreciate the questions. I did not build my arrows. I had my proshop build them and he's been doing this all of his life. His grandfather started the archery shop and he's literally grown up in that shop. I've known him for close to 15 years and trust him. Bow is definitely tuned to these...
  9. N

Is there a better way to shoot the IW? I have a 4 fletch arrow and want to have my flight perfect.
  10. N

Illegal Ladder Stands on Public Land

Public land...call the game warden. If I get to a spot with a stand on public land "reserving" a spot and it looks like a great spot...then I hunt it. Maybe set up right next to it and if the guy comes to the stand then he and I will hunt it together. I'll try and wave him off but if I was...
  11. N

I just changed my set up from GT kinetic pierce platnums 415 grain arrows to Day 6 300 spine and 571 grain arrows. The bow and arrow combination was shooting great with field tips. I got some 150 grain oz cut broadheads but I'm having a hard time sharpening them. They fly exactly with my...
  12. N

25.00 a pack but you need to buy all three.
  13. N

One pack of XL Tooth of the arrow traded. Still available: 3 packs of 1" heads. Price reduceded. 30 TYD each SOLD 2 packs of 1 3/16" heads. Price reduced 35 TYD each. SOLD
  14. N

All Iron Will Broadheads are sold. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. N

All 8 Iron will and case sold. 3 solid 100 grain Iron Will 90.00 TYD F/F Tooth of the Arrow For sale. 3 packs Tooth of the arrow 1” are 35.00 each tyd 3 Tooth of the arrow 1 3/16” are 40.00 each tyd Buy all 6 packages then I’ll make a deal of 200.00 tyd. These are brand new in the package...
  16. N

What's your dumbest injury?

Years before this I was sparing with my sister and did a jumping spinning back kick with my right foot. Instead of blocking the kick, she caught it and held it...my left supporting leg came down and planted. Do you know what happens when your right foot is being held by your idiot sister and...
  17. N

What's your dumbest injury?

I want to state this right off the bat....I do not blame the manufacture. I bought a stick that the step rotated. I was having a difficult time getting it solid as I have arthritis in my fingers. It hurt to try and twist the steps so that it would tighten enough. In August of 2020, I took it...