• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. J

JRB Hitch for Rappel and Tether applications

After submission to the International Guild of Knot Tyers and an extensive series of tests, I am releasing this knot in the form of this video. In a conventional saddle hunting situation, my tether is also my rappel rope, set once with the JRB hitch, with no need to use a quick link or to run...
  2. J

Simple way to add a redundant bridge

Having a 2nd or redundant bridge can be a handy positioning, climbing and safety feature no matter how you climb. This is how I tie mine. I like my primary bridge very long to minimize hip pinch and my backup nice and short. If you're not familiar with my rope climbing system, there's a playlist...
  3. J

The JRB Hitch, a secure, quick release hitch

Team, After researching to no avail, trying to determine if this hitch I devised had been previously published, I submitted to the International Guild of Knot Tyers and then released it on my YouTube channel. This message is NOT authorization to use it for life safety applications, but I am...