• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. GCTerpfan

WTB Ring of Steps

bump
  2. GCTerpfan

Garmin Watch Discount

I went back and forth on the Vivoactive 4, the Instinct and the Instinct Solar. Ultimately chose the better display over the ruggedness, still not sure if I made the right decision.
  3. GCTerpfan

Meriwool 30% off Prime Day deal

I ordered a bottom and top in their midweight as well as a 400g top. Haven't owned any of this particular brand but, have heard good things.
  4. GCTerpfan

Meriwool 30% off Prime Day deal

https://www.amazon.com/gp/mpc/A1UN03LJKXERDD?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Prime%20Day%20%28Tbitza%29&_ke=eyJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIlg3QWozZSIsICJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJicmlhbmdsZW5uaGFydmV5QGdtYWlsLmNvbSJ9 discount taken at checkout.
  5. GCTerpfan

Garmin Watch Discount

Just came here to post that myself. There are some amazing deals on what I have heard are pretty good watches. I ordered the Vivoactive this morning.
  6. GCTerpfan

How to "drop" a deer

For what it's worth, I used to lose a couple cameras every year to bear. The last 5 or 6 years I have been spraying my cameras with scent killer when placing them and haven't lost a single camera in that time. I still get just as many pics of bears and will occasionally get the nose of one as he...
  7. GCTerpfan

Your Set up..

Bow make: Recurve made by my father (carbon in limbs, cut 1/16th past center) Poundage @ 28: 43# Draw Length: 29" Off shelf or rest: Hoyt Super Rest Arrow make: Beeman ICS Hunter Arrow Spine: 500 (length is 30-1/2" nock throat to insert) Total tip weight (insert and point): 250gr. (200 gr tip...
  8. GCTerpfan

What did you do today?

Spent the afternoon shooting my 3d course with my father, then after a couple rounds was finally able to get an arrow tuned for a recurve that has been giving me fits. I have not been able to get it to shoot off the shelf but, a Hoyt Super Rest fixed the issues.
  9. GCTerpfan

WTB Ring of Steps

Saw that, I'm really looking for Tree Hopper or Ameristeps. Thanks though.
  10. GCTerpfan

WTB Ring of Steps

My future son-in-law is giving saddle hunting a try. Looking for a ROS for him, preferably Tree hopper but would consider others.
  11. GCTerpfan

Stupid idea?

Personally, I'd ditch the Amsteel and use 6mm TRC. You don't need to use a prusik either, a simple girth hitch around the bridge loop will do the same thing.
  12. GCTerpfan

What boots are you using with climbing spurs?

I've never climbed with lineman boots but do you think a steel shank is a requirement for the short amount of time we are on them in a hunting situation? I only hunted with spurs for one year but, I didn't have any issues climbing with my hiking boots or my rubber boots. I personally would...
  13. GCTerpfan

Father's Day Discounts???

Glad I didn't know this the other day. Then I wouldn't have 'HAD' to order the extra $30 worth of stuff to get the $99 free shipping. :)
  14. GCTerpfan

Split finger or 3 under?

I've never shot a compound but, currently have recurves and longbows that vary from 45# to 63# at my 29" draw. My 45# bow gets shot the most. Last year I hunted with 51#. This year I plan on hunting with my 45# bow. Most recommend starting with a low weight to work on form, some say as low as...
  15. GCTerpfan

Split finger or 3 under?

Your going to have to buy both and see what works better for you on that one. That's like asking "what saddle will fit me best?" :) . I personally shoot a tab because my release sucks when using a glove. My father can shoot either just as effectively. I prefer a soft calf hair tab, they don't...
  16. GCTerpfan

Split finger or 3 under?

3 unders been REEEAAALLY good to @Red Beard, or he fabricated the pics of the groups he was sending me. :)
  17. GCTerpfan

Pan fried venison steaks

You can also use any of the slightly tougher cuts for baked steak. Slice it thin, tenderize it with a mallet, flour it and salt and pepper it, lightly brown it in a hot skillet and then put it in a baking dish, cover it in water and bake it at 350 deg. for 2.5-3 hours. When it's done t's so...
  18. GCTerpfan

Official un-official 2021 contest hype

All complaining about the size of deer in the South started falling on deaf ears the moment @Cajunshooter did this: https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/2018-contest-submission-thread.8433/post-180574
  19. GCTerpfan

Split finger or 3 under?

Aiming methods and the way you address the string are two different things. You can shoot any aiming method with split finger or three under but, generally 3 under will make your gap between the target and your arrow closer at shorter distances and split finger will put the tip of your arrow...
  20. GCTerpfan

Split finger or 3 under?

I shot split finger most of my life. There were various times when I was younger that I would try 3 under but, quickly abandon it in just a few shots because I didn't hit what I was looking at. Last year I finally made the switch to 3 under and gave myself more than a few shots to make the...