• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. H

Back yard visitors

What l see every night before dinner....
  2. H

Poll - Do you think you’re going to be more or less successful this year over last?

I find this hard to believe when you are the founder of the Bucket R' US movement.
  3. H

What tool/item/method/setting have you tried once and never again due to experience?

Just curious about other's experiences. I'll go first and I might be a very small minority, but I will never use spurs again after trying them out. No, I did not have an accident, and yes I was using raw/old/heavy equipment that's been well used for decades. Not those new Gecko Carbon Fiber...
  4. H

Poll - what’s most likely to cause the human species to go extinct?

Deep Impact was better IMHO.
  5. H

Do you tie off your saddle to the end of your tether?

Well...it is a common theory that primates discovered alcoholic consumptions 100,000 years ago and cavemen copied them. They would pick ripe fruits, leave them in the sun to ferments, then eat them during wild orgies. So for those of you who are into either one, give a quick thank you to them...
  6. H

Maryland Saddle Shootout LIVE 2021

Any words if any vendors going to show up? Just curious.
  7. H

Poll - Do you think you’re going to be more or less successful this year over last?

More. I'm changing my mindset and my outlook. I dont think I have more actual hunting time but I'm 'maximizing' it. Also thanks to this community, other have generously reach out to me and want to help. Which is giving me more confident than running things solo.
  8. H

I take criticism from this forum especially well. This is all based on my experience with other forums also. I read everything with a mindset of: The principle of evil triumph when good men do nothing. So people are commenting because they care, not that they want to show off their superiority...
  9. H

2021 Primary Climbing Method Poll

I'm one sticking, but will SRT if I actually have time to pre-set/scout. But i'm surprised at the lack of vote for spurs. For a while I thought that was the preferred method if allowed.
  10. H

Not only will the earth not miss us, it will probably say good riddance.
  11. H

Old bow

Warfbow.........
  12. H

I'm 100% in this camp. The backups system that I deployed are all meant to cover my own mistakes. At no time do I expect my equipment to fail (not saying I dont routinely check them, just that its unlikely that my rope snap), the more likely scenarios are me forgetting to lock a carabiner or...
  13. H

"Best" Saddle for one sticking?

Recon. Also with leg loops and a really short bridge. The 2 panels support your butt and your back when the positioning requires it. Most single panels are designed for leaner so you have to ride it lower then what you usually have it 'dialed' in for leaning. But to be honest, I see a lot of the...
  14. H

I have to agree with you there. But do you think the Earth can recover from whatever it is that we will do? That given time (even millions of year) some form of society (human or otherwise) will remerged and renew the cycle. Or the earth become a dead planet? Because I honestly do not see us...
  15. H

new guy on the block from northern pennsylvania

Or be ready to wire your paycheck directly to EWO like other of us.....
  16. H

So it would also delete my web browsing history from my wife? Ok I'm going to be ok.
  17. H

The wealth of knowledge from the members on this forum always amazes me. On any given topic you will have people that have study, learn and are passionate about it. Even those that does not agree on topic do it respectfully, truly a unicorn during these days of internet trolls.
  18. H

Do the Nuclear vote include Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) Weaponry? Only thing I know about it is by movies, so I can be completely ignorant. But EMP detonation in the atmosphere that short circuit all electrical devices for thousands of miles seem like the weapon of the future. Then whoever the...
  19. H

Have you had a fall climbing?

My first climber was a X-Stand Mini. Drank the Kool-Aid of it being the lightest climber on the market at 11.5 lbs, which it was. But its flexible cable design kicked out the moment you are not applying central mass to it. Bottom gave up on me and took the top section with it. Luckily I was...
  20. H

Another one-sticking safety thread (sigh)

I think this is based on the fact that there is no singular one sticking method. Some people place stick on the side while other place stick directly center. I only average around 4-5 feet a move, well actually less because I almost never use the top of my step. I set my tether as high as I can...