• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. S

What is your go to hunting height?

Usually around 15 feet. Where I hunt is thick and shots are not going to be far as a result. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  2. S

Staying home to hunt

I wish. My hunting ground is 2.5 hours away. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  3. S

Do you tie off your saddle to the end of your tether?

I keep a small figure 8 on a bight on the end of my tether that I put into my bridge carabiner. Only backs up a failure in my tether friction knot. Even in that case, I'm going to have a less than pleasant experience depending on tree diameter and how much slack that is. Bridge or bridge loop...
  4. S

Treehopper Recon Adjustable Bridge

That's really the only fault I could find with the Recon. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  5. S

Worst invasive species in North America

For me, it's multiflora rose. I have that stuff all over my place and it's hard to remove. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  6. S

CWD article

That's not too bad, but most would have had to process their deer by then. Unless you're OK with taking the chance, which some are, I think the only thing that would work for most would be something you could use yourself and get results in a couple hours. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  7. S

Curious if cold weather jackets or or cold weather stuff affects one's bridge, saddle, tether, etc. functioning in the tree while saddle hunting??

I wear my saddle over my outer layers. I've never had any problem taking off or putting on a jacket or top layer in the saddle. Pants and bottom layers can't be safely taken off or put on once you're in the saddle at height in my opinion, all other things equal. The only scenario I could...
  8. S

CWD article

How long does it take to get results back? Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  9. S

CWD article

Bummer. I wonder if someday there will be some kind of test kit you could use in the field to know if your deer is infected. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  10. S

Treehopper Recon Adjustable Bridge

Everyone pretty much covered the options I'm aware of. However, what specifically do you need that the stock bridge doesn't cover? Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  11. S

Venison again tonight

I made this recipe tonight. I thought it was pretty decent. https://www.missallieskitchen.com/venison-tacos/ Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  12. S

Backstrap!

I usually just slice it up and lightly fry it in a cast iron skillet with butter. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  13. S

Have you ever took a year off from hunting.

I took about a decade off. I moved to a different state for school and it wasn't realistically possible for a very long time. I don't have kids so I can't speak to that aspect specifically. However, in my opinion any good relationship does involve real compromise on both sides. You have to...
  14. S

Carabiners ???

I like some Petzl carabiners. My informal estimate is that people here are split on screw lock vs auto-locking carabiners generally. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  15. S

New PA tagging requirements

I grew up hunting in PA. I don't know how it is now, but you did have to wear your license on the middle of your back. I always thought that was weird because you still had to be reasonably close to make it out. The worst regulation by far though was no Sunday hunting. I think they've added a...
  16. S

who exercises for climbing

I've done BJJ for a while now, but unfortunately I think all the accrued wear and tear is catching up with me. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  17. S

Climbing question for seasoned Saddle users

The pulling is really just to take the slack out of the rope and advance the progress capture device. Your leg should be doing all (or 99.99%) of the work as you stand up. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  18. S

who exercises for climbing

I don't exercise specifically for climbing, but try to get two weight sessions in a week (one including squats and one including deadlifts) with 1-2 other exercises such as bench press or rows. I usually wrap up after weight sessions with some kind of more intense short-duration cardio. Other...
  19. S

Climbing question for seasoned Saddle users

Long loop of paracord that allows you to pull your rope up into the tree. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  20. S

Ticks, Ticks Ticks….they are everywhere.

If you figure it out, let me know so I can implement it on my property. Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk