• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. bj139

Thoughts on oversized saddle?

The plywood was free.
  2. bj139

Opening weekend close-calls?

Like this?
  3. bj139

The only way I eliminated hip pinch was this. https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/my-first-yellow-jacket-tm-saddle-build-complete-1-lb-7-oz.25438/
  4. bj139

https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/tucking-my-aero-evolution-saddle.26897/
  5. bj139

Bag Build

Very nice. Thanks.
  6. bj139

The JRB Climbing Method

I was using 11.4mm rope with a Hitchhiker device. Rope walking with a knee ascender and foot ascender.
  7. bj139

The JRB Climbing Method

Thanks. If I try the Michoacan, I will have to learn to tie it in my sleep. I used the VT on one climbing device. I sometimes had to push it up to get it to set.
  8. bj139

Pipe and cigar talk

I had a friend I used to do construction work with and we used to sit in his garage and smoke, him cigarettes and me a pipe. I mostly smoked cherry or mesquite pipe tobacco. When I started scuba diving, I gave up the pipe. He smoked several packs a day and he died of a stroke about 6 years...
  9. bj139

Aider Broke - Info and Discussion (UPDATE)

I guess it should have been sewn like in this video. I may have been hanging from Sally the saddle with only the bury on the prusik holding me. I would not have if I knew. Only for use at ground level was the warning, which I ignored. With a sewing machine, I could run a seam along the...
  10. bj139

2021 Contest Entry Thread

I'm in
  11. bj139

Sewing Machine Deals for the DIY Guys

Hinge spacing the same too. I just checked.
  12. bj139

The greatest time of the year

I just checked and PA opens this Saturday. Seems earlier than before. Do you hunt them from the saddle?
  13. bj139

Bed size on both my White 935 and Singer 15-91 is the same at 14.5" x 7".
  14. bj139

A cutoff wheel in a grinder should remove the mesh cleanly.
  15. bj139

Nice idea with the bolts for teeth.
  16. bj139

That is a nice machine. It is aluminum so is lightweight. I have the portable. I took it to a friend's house to alter a project I sewed for her.
  17. bj139

The JRB Climbing Method

I considered trying your system but have not been climbing since the Spring and will not have time before hunting season. Maybe I will try it later. I always keep my ascender and descender on my climbing line and move them like an inchworm. One device backs up the other both up and down. It...
  18. bj139

The JRB Climbing Method

I have experimented with friction hitches and after a few instances where they locked up and a few where they slipped, I gave up before I was injured.. Metal devices were invented for a reason, otherwise rock climbers would still be using only friction hitches. I will gladly carry the extra...
  19. bj139

Is this a commercial treehopper platform or a DIY? I guess people should be careful about sharp edges no matter what they tie on. UHMWPE is supposed to be very tough from previous videos I have seen. I don't know. It looks like it cut clean through the outer sheath and the inner bury.
  20. bj139

What I thought was the core must have been the bury.