• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. OspreyZB

Team 10 Thread

Thanks!
  2. OspreyZB

Team 10 Thread

It's a long season, I can hunt just about every day, and I've got a lot of tags. I'm sure I'll have more opportunities.
  3. OspreyZB

Team 10 Thread

No unfortunately not. Ran into that dilemma last year too lol
  4. OspreyZB

Team 10 Thread

It was a blast. I can't hunt that area on Sundays but I'll be back in there tomorrow looking for that buck.
  5. OspreyZB

Team 10 Thread

The better news is I found an area that didn't seem to get hit as hard by EHD. Saw a ton of deer including a big mature 8 point while tracking/dragging that doe after dark.
  6. OspreyZB

Team 10 Thread

Well I shot a doe last night.... while standing at the base of my tree... Found a giant swamp chestnut oak absolutely raining acorns. Probably a 200 year old tree. Spent way too long trying to decide which tree to climb and she came in to munch on acorns as I was hanging my first stick. I hid...
  7. OspreyZB

Team 10 Thread

Checking in from NJ. Been a bit of a rough start for me this year. We got hit hard by EHD. Found I think 11 dead deer this week, including my plan A and B bucks. Still have plans C-Z to work through though. Got some out of state tags in my pocket too and lots of time to hunt this fall, so I'm...
  8. OspreyZB

Cool hunting videos

9. OspreyZB

Live from the saddle 2021

Shot over a does back at 30 yards last night. Back in the same area now trying to redeem myself. Found some huge tracks from this morning on the way back here but I have to shoot a doe before I can shoot a buck. Set up in the only patch of swamp chestnut oaks on this ridge. The deer are walking...
  10. OspreyZB

Thanks for looking out. There are safety zone signs posted by the WMA 150 yards from the house. The posted signs are way past that on the public. Not to mention they don't have the landowner name, address and date on them which is required in my state.
  11. OspreyZB

About 4 feet off the ground tonight rocking the helo/sit drag combo. Gotta love when land owners post the public land 500 yards off their property boundary... Insane amount of tracks back here. Just had a spike come trotting by as I was hanging the stand.
  12. OspreyZB

Advice to get from Average Hunter to “Trophy” / Mature buck Hunter

I agree it's nice to have a large area to work with, where your mistakes (and others mistakes) won't push the bucks off the property you can hunt. I actually find some hunting pressure to be an advantage. It seems to put the big bucks where they "should" be. In giant sections of big woods with...
  13. OspreyZB

Seen 2 bucks, a red fox, a coopers hawk, and a bunch of squirrels so far.
  14. OspreyZB

First spot I walked into I could hear someone setting up in the dark, so onto plan B. Got set up in the gray light and started looking around with the binos... ladder stand 30 yards from me. Then around sunrise I hear someone sawing branches probably within 100 yards of me... Gonna stick it out...
  15. OspreyZB

Mature Buck Behavior Data (poking the Nutter)

Well they're deer, or as nutterbuster would say "smooth brained prey animals" so yeah they're not that smart. But it's worth noting that they're capturing/tagging them at night most of the time.
  16. OspreyZB

Mature Buck Behavior Data (poking the Nutter)

Huh? I'm failing to understand why the size of the state or county would matter. They're animals with legs that don't know boundaries... Their home range is their home range.
  17. OspreyZB

Public land legal after shot questions

If our deer were as small as yours down there, I think I would drag with the guts in most of the time. Keeps things much cleaner that way, especially if your dragging through mud/swamp muck.
  18. OspreyZB

Cool hunting videos

19. OspreyZB

2021 Contest Entry Thread

I'm in
  20. OspreyZB

Favorite deer hunting book?

Anything written by Leonard Lee Rue, or John Ozoga. Most of their stuff isn't really about deer hunting though, it's just about deer.