• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. Wirrex

Team 2 Thread

Sat with my oldest son on the tower stand for his first hunt ever. It’s the youth hunt this weekend. We didn’t see any deer but it was fun. Hopefully tonight we see something.
  2. Wirrex

Two panel saddles design: inner and outer panel

I have flipped my recon back and forth a few times. I just recently flipped it again to the top panel on the inside. It seems to cup better and keep the top panel from riding up when climbing.
  3. Wirrex

Team 2 Thread

Yeah fully enclosed and insulated.
  4. Wirrex

Team 2 Thread

Slow work by myself but it’s progress!
  5. Wirrex

LWHC Failure!

You and me both. Guess whose going to break out the welder. I have a few ideas bouncing around.
  6. Wirrex

LWHC Failure!

No structural mods were done.
  7. Wirrex

Team 2 Thread

I snapped my lwhc working on my tower stand today… I’m pretty shocked but at least it happened at home.
  8. Wirrex

LWHC Failure!

It sucks but I managed to crack my lwhc in two spots today. I have been doing a lot of climbing on it to build a tower stand on 4 power poles. The cracks are close to the middle and outer edge. I stepped onto the center of the platform and it crunched. I knew it was metal failure instantly. I...
  9. Wirrex

Shoe laces and safety

Any pics or a video?
  10. Wirrex

Recon belt mod feedback

I came to the recon from sitdrags and fleece saddles. I couldn’t find any commercial saddle that I liked better. There still isn’t anything more comfortable than a fleece saddle btw. But I was using bungee belts on those rigs too! It’s basically a third hand that keeps everything where you had...
  11. Wirrex

Recon belt mod feedback

How can you not be a fan if you haven’t tried it? If there was a way to make a regular belt do what the bungee does we would be using that. The belts are a problem with 2 piece saddles because they only grab one half like Tom stated. The bungee is dynamic and works in every situation. You just...
  12. Wirrex

Team 2 Thread

Keep an eye on it. Deer love fresh cut trees.
  13. Wirrex

Team 2 Thread

I was like that last year. “Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t” Gun season is always a family affair for us. Now that my boys are showing interest I figured I’ll ease them into it with this tower stand.
  14. Wirrex

How many Thermacells have you lost?

I lost one in a standing corn field. Looked but couldn’t find it. That was with the case too! The design doesn’t lend itself to being strapped down well.
  15. Wirrex

Team 2 Thread

I’m taking a break for a while. I have to get a tower stand built for my boys to start hunting out of. It’s going to be a little extravagant.
  16. Wirrex

easier to use with quartered deer in hilly woodlands: jet sled or frame pack?

Seriously look into deboning. Then you’re down to one trip.
  17. Wirrex

easier to use with quartered deer in hilly woodlands: jet sled or frame pack?

I vote frame pack but if I’m packing I totally debone.
  18. Wirrex

Team 2 Thread

Good eye! Inner loins. I was lucky enough to shoot a doe at 10yds this morning.
  19. Wirrex

2021 Contest Submission Thread

5 points team 2
  20. Wirrex

Team 2 Thread

What’s better than steak and eggs? FRESH steak and eggs! Both of which are hours old.