• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. Loopwing

please close - Eberlestock Large Pouch and Chest Mount Kit

Pm sent earlier this morning.
  2. Loopwing

Bow or gun???

Depends on where you hunt. Do you have a better chance with a bow or gun? Are you trying to fill the freezer? Just like our whole sport it is all personal preference. I am a freezer filler, as soon as I can reach out a little farther I reach for the gun. I hunt archery because it gives me more...
  3. Loopwing

SOLD...... OOAL Solo Scout $65 TYD or trade

SOLD
  4. Loopwing

One stick bridge

What Bigterp said!!!!!!!!
  5. Loopwing

Saddle hunting with a muzzleloader

Load at the truck, get to height, insert primer, shoot deer, field dress and head home. Repeat next weekend.
  6. Loopwing

One stick bridge

I haven't been one sticking for long, but I don't understand your question? Use the bridge that is on your saddle.
  7. Loopwing

Hawk Helium Changes

I know you like the full length, but the best thing I did with my hawk. Cut it down to 15", installed a cam, a 2 step aider and started one sticking and rappelling down I walked out of the woods this weekend and talked to a guy for 15 minutes. He then asked if I was ground hunting. I turned...
  8. Loopwing

Bump
  9. Loopwing

In Defense Of The Safeguard

You kinda missed the point, but yeah not trying to make a buck off of a friend. I was saying selling something in general. It is capitalism and they are sold for what a consumer will pay, not what it is worth. Are you not going to sell to the first person saying I will take it, because they are...
  10. Loopwing

In Defense Of The Safeguard

I agree and I keep saying we do it to ourselves. If WE don't pay the inflated prices, no one will sell them at inflated prices. On the other hand if I can make something and you want to pay me a 400% mark up or more, who am I to say no. Someone just throws the price out there, no one has to...
  11. Loopwing

Breakin' the Law!! Breakin' the Law!!

Yep, straight cuts are damning, but limbs BREAK everyday. I can't think of a day I didn't cut, I mean a limb broke while I was setting up.
  12. Loopwing

Bump
  13. Loopwing

Catch and release for me. I received this Thursday from another member, hunted on it this morning. My feet are way to big for it. I am open to trades with extra cash on my end if need be. I am unsure what I really need, the worse I can say in no.
  14. Loopwing

Hawk helium cam cleat

Yeah, I cut a helium down, moved the steps, added some EWO brackets, and a cam cleat. I made a full bury of Amsteel. I didn't drill the stick for the cam cleat. I just used the holes on the left side of the stick. You can do pretty much anything you want to any stick, just takes creativity and...
  15. Loopwing

2 people one tree

There are some custom saddle builders on here. I am sure someone could make you one big double seated saddle.
  16. Loopwing

Hickory Creek Koolaid

Another nod for a mission.
  17. Loopwing

Kong Duck vs Ropeman 2 (or Prusik)

OR...... You just use a ropeman, CT, or Kong. You will never have a friction that small
  18. Loopwing

Do you eat the heart?

My little girls get mad when I heart shoot my deer with a gun, they love the heart. They are 5 and 7 and they love it cut into chunks, wrapped with bacon, and grilled. I enjoy it that way too.
  19. Loopwing

Yeah, a safeguard and an autoblock is a terrible idea. It will lock it open and release your autoblock like tender.
  20. Loopwing

Also, while at height I backup the ropeman or safeguard with an Alpine butterfly.