• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. barlow96

New Sitka Fanatic Vest Size M $220 TYD

Sent message
  2. barlow96

1st Year in Mississippi

I just sent you a text. My dad has a camp up there. But there is about 4 different public spots in that area to hunt. And they all have different rules.
  3. barlow96

1st Year in Mississippi

I am going to text you man. I think I still have your number saved.
  4. barlow96

Lwcg double steps

My assumption is 3 weeks until they get it. If they have to put it together it maybe another week before you get your hands on it.
  5. barlow96

Lwcg double steps

Email them. I usually get a reply within a day or two. Longest I have waited was 3 days but they did get me a answer.
  6. barlow96

Lwcg double steps

I stealthed stripped them thick. I no longer have the sticks. But yea the sharpness of the edges of the stick is also a issue.
  7. barlow96

Lwcg double steps

I used amsteal rope mod on the tabs. Took the buttons off.
  8. barlow96

Lwcg double steps

I have beast in minis and longs. And grip to the tree nothing comes close. But pack ability sucks with them. I have had muddy pros and shikars. I have lwcg gear minis. I kept them. They work good. Just more time adjusting the brackets and foot pegs. I like a fixed double stick better. I wanted...
  9. barlow96

Lwcg double steps

I would go 14 inch would be most solid and 20’ would be worse than 17. The kick out seek to be cause by the amsteel to tight after weight was applied to the stick.
  10. barlow96

LWCG New Doubles?

I had the 17 inch originals. I sold them. The rope mod was the way to go with the stick. Stack ability put the stick at the top of the list. There is no better double stick for packing and transport. There quite and no fiddle factor which I loved. The bad is the attachment point was too high...
  11. barlow96

Lwcg double steps

I had the 17 inch originals. I sold them. The rope mod was the way to go with the stick. Stack ability put the stick at the top of the list. There is no better double stick for packing and transport. There quite and no fiddle factor which I loved. The bad is the attachment point was too high...
  12. barlow96

Have you ever took a year off from hunting.

She may do it about 3-5 days a year but it’s some volunteer stuff she does. Or work related. I have recommended consultation a she says yes. But she did it for herself. I haven’t talked with them yet. She has been depressed since her mom died 5 years ago. Life has been different since that...
  13. barlow96

Yea I have always been on public land , so I have never spent my summer time working on land for seer season. I also have never ran trail cameras or anything that involves Time away from home before the hunt. I am with them beside deer season and work. But I do work a lot. And I work on the...
  14. barlow96

My son is awake every mourning by 6 am. I don’t generally hunt weekends. I hunt during weekdays when she is at work and he is at school.
  15. barlow96

My wife’s dad he hunted every weekend. But my plan this year is too just do the home hunts which maybe 2 weeks. Which it will be hard to fill freezer that way. Only thing will be legal is bucks during the hunts I will pick. Has to be atleast 16 inch wide or a 20 Inch main beam. One week the...
  16. barlow96

Well. After some time and talking with wife it’s pretty clear that she is not a fan of hunting season. She used to be ok with it. But since my son, she is not a fan. Money is not the problem. The problem is I get time away from the real world and She does not. Why because she want make that...
  17. barlow96

Headlight or No Headlight

I have a Princeton Tech. It’s white and red. It’s called remix pro. I use the red when climbing and on way down it’s a must. I can see me and my feet when climbing down. But not much past that. I like the pro cause it runs off 123a battery. I keep a extra battery in pocket takes up very little...
  18. barlow96

Staying home to hunt

I have about 30,000 acres of public about 20 mins away and over 100,000 acres within a hour away. But I still hunt some farther away sometimes. But this year I am staying close to home.
  19. barlow96

Sitka Setup

To me its about the layers and your movement. The stratus is the thickest I could go for my style of hunting. Hang and hunt a new spot every sit. But I like to layer with merino wool underneath. It works for me.