• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. Ckwilli

Team 7 Thread

Saw one big nanny this morning but didn’t have a shot. Slipped and tweaked my knee coming down on wet steps. I think I’ll be good to go by next week. The deer are still pounding the white oak acorns pretty good.
  2. Ckwilli

PRIME Sherpa quiver

Breaks my heart to hear about someone losing their job. My family will certainly keep you and yours in our prayers. Do you have something else lined up?
  3. Ckwilli

Compound bow for sale

Dang, that stinks. Bump
  4. Ckwilli

New Saddle Hunter from Missouri

So you’re around the Houston/ Mountain Grove area?
  5. Ckwilli

That’s cool! The wear is supposed to be nice with a cool front moving in. Are you on private or public? I’d offer to drag dead deer for you but I’m working this weekend.
  6. Ckwilli

Saddle Hunting Pack you have never seen (“mostly”)

I would hold onto it for sure. That’s a fine setup. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Ckwilli

Welcome from SW MO!
  8. Ckwilli

It certainly looks like it was created for saddle hunting. I realize it’s not but wow
  9. Ckwilli

I posted in another forum and the guys said it’s a wildland fire pack. There was a guy that works for the forestry service in Oklahoma that said he had a bunch of decommissioned ones at his office. I suppose, if a guy knew someone, he could source some used ones. The forest service guy said they...
  10. Ckwilli

New to the DIY saddle / rock harness

This is how I use my sit drag/ RCH
  11. Ckwilli

Team 7 Thread

I’m out too. Nothing but turkeys so far. The season is open on them too. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Ckwilli

What’s it intended for? I’ve never seen one like that but I’m intrigued.
  13. Ckwilli

Zombie deer

I got this guy on trail camera two seasons ago. I sent a copy of the pic to the MDC and one of the biologists said he thought it was caused from an injury. My kids and I called him the zombie deer. I saw him after the season but not since. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Ckwilli

Team 7 Thread

It’s been in the 80’s and 90’s here. We have a front moving in tonight so maybe tomorrow.
  15. Ckwilli

Normal arrow breakage?

So if it’s happening to Trad guys then it probably has more to do with the deer movement after the shot and not the shear force of the broad head/ arrow hitting bone at a higher speed. Assuming that the arrow doesn’t contact something beyond the animal that is. I’m just making an assumption...
  16. Ckwilli

Normal arrow breakage?

I can’t explain it but about half of mine will break too. When I shot aluminum about half of those would be bent. Modern bows are extremely fast and carbon doesn’t bend. My guess would be that there are a lot of twisting and bending forces when you shoot an animal and it runs. I’ve hit trees...
  17. Ckwilli

Team 7 Thread

That’s a good idea. I did come up with some castration bands and put one near the foot loop. I’ll look around. I’m sure I have some bungee material too.
  18. Ckwilli

Team 7 Thread

Here’s my DIY knaider. Leftover web tubing, an old hook off of a ratchet strap, and a $3 buckle. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Ckwilli

Yard sale finds and thrift store treasures

Following
  20. Ckwilli

Looking for info on pistol for whitetail hunting

7.5” Blackhawk 357 with the rear notch sight changed to a large diameter peep. Replaced the grips with hogue rubber grips. I handload nosler partitions for it. I’d jump all over a SS super redhawk 10.5” at that price!