• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. Jpdarby2

Sold

Sold
  2. Jpdarby2

Just moved to Central Arkansas

Welcome from Texas. I've often thought about heading to Arkansas to hunt the Ouachita NF. Good luck!
  3. Jpdarby2

Sold

TTT
  4. Jpdarby2

Sold

TTT
  5. Jpdarby2

Sold

TTT
  6. Jpdarby2

Team 8 Thread

Good luck on the recovery
  7. Jpdarby2

New Saddle hunter from TX

Welcome from a fellow Texan! I hunt the SHNF and private land out near Sealy, TX. Where are you at?
  8. Jpdarby2

Sold

AM Bump
  9. Jpdarby2

Sold

I have the ultimate minimalist setup ready to climb. -Scout Solo Angled with original strap -Amsteel Work Horse (custom red & black) -Amsteel Whoopie Sling 7’ 3/16” Everything has been lightly used and is in good working condition and has been up a tree less than a dozen times. $120TYD...
  10. Jpdarby2

Neck Meat - What do you do with it?

Like others have said low and slow for all cuts with lots of connective tissue. Shanks and Neck are some of the best meat on a deer because when you cook down all the connective tissue it turns into flavor. Plus the added benefit of not wasting all that meat when you try to trim all the...
  11. Jpdarby2

Newbie in NH

Welcome from Texas and I hope you like your XC as much as I do. I can sit in that bad boy all day with zero issues. Good luck!
  12. Jpdarby2

Texas Saddle Audible

I am by no means a small guy coming in around 230 pounds and it held up. Now it wasn't sturdy and it gave new meaning to shaking like a leaf but it can be done!
  13. Jpdarby2

Weird question about scent and showering

For me it depends of the hunt and conditions. If it's going to be light winds and close shots then 100% I take every precaution I can. If its blowing 20+ and I have my 300 Win Mag then it doesn't matter as much.
  14. Jpdarby2

New from south central Indiana

Welcome from Texas
  15. Jpdarby2

Texas Saddle Audible

This was my first full year to hunt a piece of family property in Austin County Texas. I spent countless hours looking at maps and observation sits. I ended up installing a watering hole and 3 tree stand in the most strategic locations, or so I thought. I had 9 sits over 3 weekend between the 3...
  16. Jpdarby2

Team 8 Thread

Finally made it back to the house, but everyone loves a cliff hanger right? Here’s the official grip and grin. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Jpdarby2

2021 Contest Submission Thread

13 points for Team 8 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Jpdarby2

Team 8 Thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Jpdarby2

Team 8 Thread

They went rut crazy after the cold front last week and then have been radio silent since Saturday afternoon. Hoping to tag my target 8 point on Friday morning after the new moon. It’s my last chance before rifle season opens Saturday and my neighbors get a chance. Of course I unknowing booked a...
  20. Jpdarby2

Team 8 Thread

Going to give it a go this weekend, I plan to sit Saturday morning and evening and Sunday morning. Got a raccoon on my last sit a few weeks ago, hopefully I can upgrade to at least a doe. The G5 small game heads work very well. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk