• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. KYRanger

Late Season Camo

It is possible there were some earlier versions or different membranes that made noise. I am super critical of noise in my clothing, for the very reasons mentioned, which is one of the reason I went with Sitka. When the woods are cold and silent, deer can probably here you breath inside of 10...
  2. KYRanger

Late Season Camo

Interesting. I find the Sitka products to be some of the quietest products I've ever used. Both the Status and Fanatic lines.
  3. KYRanger

Kifaru Duplex Lite vs Duplex Tactical?

Ha! I know the feeling! I was notified yesterday that one of my orders actually shipped!! I think it’s the 357 magnum. Anxious to check it out. The shape charge probably won’t get her until February….
  4. KYRanger

Lol. People may knock Fanny packs, but they have a great purpose especially when traveling and needing to keep things secured to your body. It’s tough to get pick pocketed with a good Fanny pack. And I don’t care what others think anyway. It’s okay to carry a man purse these days. I wear my...
  5. KYRanger

I am definitely familiar with logistics, fulfillment and transportation. And it does sound like they batch build. Hey, you can’t help but want it when you order it! Lol. I’m hoping it’s worth the wait.
  6. KYRanger

I wish I could add value to this conversation, as I have ordered not one, but two Kifaru packs and accessories. Unfortunately I haven’t received a single thing yet. So if you order, don't expect anything in a hurry. It’s a little disappointing. I ordered on 11/23 with expected ship date of...
  7. KYRanger

Hunting Hoody

Wow, I just referenced that same point about Cabelas hemming your pants! I didn't think anybody would remember that! And I still have that original Legacy Fleece and its still holding up. Love it. I use it occasionally, but mostly the Sitka stuff at the moment.
  8. KYRanger

Hunting Hoody

My Stratus jacket hood zips off. Another thing I like. Maybe the Stratus is more in line with what OP is looking for, but it's not a pullover. I guess I think of a hoodie as more of a sweatshirt with a hood, more than a shirt and less than a jacket which to me is the Fanatic Hoody. The...
  9. KYRanger

Hunting Hoody

Just fyi. You wouldn't even notice there are "mittens". Its a flap that simply flips over your fingers, leaving your thumb exposed. It's not like full blown mittens. lol. But I understand your point. I didn't think I would like it either, but I find them purposeful and useful. I'm...
  10. KYRanger

Hunting Hoody

I also have the Stratus set, which is what I find works well with the Fanatic Hoody. But if the op is looking for an total all purpose outer shell, the fanatic likely isn't it.
  11. KYRanger

Hunting Hoody

We all have differing opinions. There are definitely heavier and warmer hoodies. It depends on what you are looking for. And I am not suggesting that the Fanatic is the heaviest or the warmest. It's lightweight for the warmth and functionality it provides, which I like. And the integrated...
  12. KYRanger

Hunting Hoody

I find the Fanatic to be very warm. It is thicker, but not bulky. I believe the material is a four way stretch, so it conforms and articulates nicely. I don't have the heavyweight top, but I do have the heavyweight bottoms. I don't see how the heavyweight could be better than the fanatic and...
  13. KYRanger

Hunting Hoody

It may not be as jacket like as the one you picture, but Sitka makes the Whitetail Fanatic Hoody. It is one of the best pieces of clothing I own. And I have a small cabelas in my garage. Key features: Silent, integrated face mask, hoodie, kangaroo pocket, chest pocket, warm, works as outer...
  14. KYRanger

Thumb Release Interest

I have been shooting the TRUBALL MAX PRO for probably 12 plus years. I doubt I will ever go back to a strap / index finger release. Although there are some nice more expensive Carter’s and other high end releases, the Max Pro is so good I have no reason to change. The Max Pro jaws clip to the...
  15. KYRanger

Shikar FXD 17”

Let me know if these are not sold
  16. KYRanger

Cam Cleats/One Sticking - Heavy Person

I never had a problem with this cam cleat and connection. I actually think it’s better. I am 6’2” 245lbs. I still have the stick but am currently using an EWO stick with the Ultimate platform.
  17. KYRanger

First saddle deer (Iowa buck)

Fantastic buck!
  18. KYRanger

Yea, I was looking hard at the 357, but it’s big! I had decided on the 22mag if I went the frame route. Good points about the 357, I may chew on it some more as my stuff doesn’t ship until mid December. Thanks for input and advice. I appreciate it.
  19. KYRanger

Well, I ended up straying from the frame pack. I really liked the 22mag, and appreciate JCLINE84’s input and videos. Helped sway me towards Kifaru. I still wasn’t sure I wanted a frame and pack system for the type hunting I do. I wanted something a tad smaller and with an internal frame. I’m...
  20. KYRanger

New Aerohunter saddle?

Quick update. After a second hunt, where I was on a different bark tree, and was navigating some limbs, the integrated web bridge was a little challenging. Not that it was integrated, but more of the web belt itself. I felt the web material was hanging up when trying to move it up the tree...