• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. A

Fixing Backpack Zippers

The TideWe backpack is excellent and I love it. That is why I wanted to find replacement zippers because I did not want to get another bag. So, I believe you will be happy with your decision as well. Just be careful when using the side pouch zippers because I found they can easily be contorted...
  2. A

Fixing Backpack Zippers

That is what I was thinking it would be, but will have to check it out once I get home and then order some. But, watching the videos, it makes it look like you can just put them right on. Really cool product.
  3. A

Fixing Backpack Zippers

Thank you very much, this is very helpful.
  4. A

Fixing Backpack Zippers

I did not know if anyone has found an effective way to fix backpack zippers, but if you have I would love to know how. I got a TideWe backpack in October and two of the zippers broke, but I absolutely love the pack and would rather keep it than discard it because of some zipper issues.
  5. A

An excellent 2 days.

That is one cool buck! Definitely would love to see more pictures of him.
  6. A

My First Deer: Massachusetts Public Land Buck

Thank you guys! That brings up an important topic I believe gets brought up a lot and that is hunting in the Northeast is difficult. Me and my friend tried to look into hunting Zone 10 and it seems nearly impossible. Each little town and city has rules regarding hunting and trying to wrap your...
  7. A

Thank you everyone! And yes, that is my Dad and Pepere. Pepere lost my Memere in May and has struggled to get out this season. This definitely helped him as he said to me, "Well, I can't let you get one bigger than me."
  8. A

Hunting has never been synonymous with success for me over the first couple years of hunting. I have encountered many deer, but have not been effective at closing the distance. It has been incredibly difficult, and I have learned over and over again about the allusiveness of the whitetail deer...
  9. A

New from North Shore Mass (zone 10)

Welcome from Mass Zone 5/9!
  10. A

Beast sticks or EWO

Take a look at the Ultimaider on Eastern Woods Outdoors as well. The steps on the sticks have little slots that you can run the webbing of the aider through that looks super solid. Wanted to get one for my sticks, but I had the swaider already and liked that system.
  11. A

Beast sticks or EWO

One thing that may work that I use is a Swaider when using my EWO sticks. Sometimes I use it with all three sticks, but usually will just use it with the bottom stick. It allows me to get the top of my stick around 7-8 ft high and from there will climb normally. Just for reference, I am 6'3 and...
  12. A

Climbing stick opinions

I absolutely love my EWO sticks. Their ability to lock down on the tree and the standoffs sold them for me. I wanted sticks that I felt completely safe climbing and these sticks did that for me. I also got cable aiders for these through EWO and I could not speak more highly of those.
  13. A

Hello from MA

Central! Generally hunt Zone 5 & 9
  14. A

Hello from MA

Could not agree more. I am still a new hunter and never have officially gotten a deer, but I have noticed the difference of just being in the woods more and having a better understanding. It helps a lot I have already noticed.
  15. A

Hello from MA

It is because it is hard to get mature deer up here if you are not mobile!
  16. A

Hello from MA

Welcome from Central Mass! Best of luck to you this upcoming season.
  17. A

What does your 2021 system look like?

Saddle: Cruzr XC w/ 8mm Oplux Tether & Lineman's Belt Sticks: 3 20" EWO stealth stripped w/ aiders Platform: Squirrel Steps on an OCB strap Bow: PSE 33 NXT Arrows: Rampage Black Eagle arrows w/ 125 Grain Rage Broadheads Pack: TideWe Pack More than excited to be able to be mobile this season...
  18. A

Help on a pack!

I went with a Tidewe backpack just from the reviews that I have seen on them and because I wanted to go a little cheaper. It has not come in yet, but I will make sure I let you guys know how I like it. Here is the link if you are interested...
  19. A

Inexpensive Climbing Solution?

I know if you go on the Camofire website, they constantly have daily deals for the everyday hunter. My friend just got 4 hawk helium minis for 90 bucks. Great resource.
  20. A

Kydex Bow Holder Help

Another great resource you can use is Eastern Woods Outdoors. @DanO does a great job over there and I know they make excellent equipment. I know it might not be exactly what you are looking for, but wanted to at least give a resource. Here is the link to the kydex hooks if you are interested...