• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. B

Strings

Only those uppity target shooters use endless :p
  2. B

New to trad.

That will hunt.
  3. B

Trad tackle height

I have found that to be a laughable comment as a flatlander hunting the san juans. Every year when I get there and put eyes on those mountains my first though is this is about to suck big time but its going to be awesome. Like Yogi Berra said, it's 90% mental and the other half is physical. ;)
  4. B

Shot in the dark - coffee business

Free idea I had a few years back and couldnt sell the wife on. We have several Corps of Engineer lakes here that have an absurd amount of recreational boat traffic. What they dont have is my pontoon boat remodelled into a floating bbq/burger boat thru eat'em up joint. Fancied naming it Smoke on...
  5. B

"Fitness food to get in shape...round is a shape" :tonguewink:
  6. B

Trad tackle height

Would be nice to find an active wallow this Sept. Found 7 wallows last year but none were active.
  7. B

Wisdom in this post. Edit: in a food truck scenario I might consider homemade cinnamon rolls rather than donuts so as to not have to deal with a hot deep fryer in a truck.
  8. B

Snake Boot Recommendations… Please!

Man there has got to be close to 20 bow backings in that snake skin.
  9. B

Father’s Day

Facts!! First 3 words were momma, daddy and tuckfexas.
  10. B

Why not use dynamic rope for one-sticking?

How would you compare the 9mm protac to canyon elite? Knots, weight, packing... And can you get it somewhere in lengths less than 200'?
  11. B

Father’s Day

Since you messed around and let your wife on here, do I need to play the friend role? Just want to be sure in case it comes up later.
  12. B

Biting the bullet

That's not good but at least keep her restricted to this site. For heaven's sake dont let her find Amazon. On second thought, maybe you should show her amazon and she will forget all about that training nonsense, you will just need to work more.
  13. B

Versa Aider safety

You might want to consider an in-reach mini or a zoleo if you routinely hunt in areas without cell coverage. With either you could send text or in a for real bad situation use the sos button. Edit: I have the zoleo and it has worked well for me. I run the service through hunting season then...
  14. B

Trad tackle height

I am usually in the 16-20' range and try to set up for shots that will be in the 15-20 yard range. That gives me a shot angle that I like. If I am up around 20 I do not really like broadside shots that are close. I prefer a quartered shot even very hard quartered for tight shots.
  15. B

Assless chaps in platinum for the Gucci crowd. Probably a market for that...
  16. B

We have seen rattlers get up waist to shoulder high in the bushes during the winter, dec. & jan.
  17. B

Staying warm in a saddle

Same as a treestand, wear appropriate clothing, in layers, for the conditions.
  18. B

Biggest deer hunting weakness?

I keep thinking one of these years I am going to just follow their tactics and only hunt the last hour of daylight on Sunday's cause nothing ever gets killed until the last hour of the last day. ;)
  19. B

Is it legal in your state to gut a deer on public land?

Thankfully they made it super easy to check it where it falls too.
  20. B

Biggest deer hunting weakness?

I have had a handful of encounters that I prolly would have went up a tree but it was either way before daylight or after dark in cutovers. Walk into a sounder and they bust like a covey of quail. Everytime it seems like there is no good direction so I just hold my ground and kick whatever gets...