• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. MattMan81

Stealthy, which method?

I think every one has an advantage and is stealthy if practiced. I'm think I'm gonna end up in the rope climbing camp my self soon. But only down fall to the rope is the throw ball. Unless you have a pre set.
  2. MattMan81

Anyone sight their bow from elevation?

If your new to saddle hunting, shooting your bow from it may make you do something different. I was shooting high when I practiced. Not because my sight was off, but because I adjusted my anchor. If you arrows are flying true, they should be close. I recommend you practice both. How ever you...
  3. MattMan81

What is the quickest, lightest, and most affordable climbing method?

MRS with a pre set cord. Or JRB. If they are bigger oak. Those are the trees I like to hunt. To big to get your arms around to one stick or 2tc. Generally will have good branches up high. If not drill holes and use bolts. If it's a strait, limb less climb 1 stick could be efficient.
  4. MattMan81

WTT Predator Gen 2 for Wild Edge Steps close

Please add close to headline if you sold it
  5. MattMan81

What is the quickest, lightest, and most affordable climbing method?

Qualify the question.. public? Private? Hill county? Midwest west flat land? Seems one method could be faster in different area. Spurs and a LB could be fastest if it's legal.
  6. MattMan81

Laser cutting service/Design work

Have you checked any of your local blacksmith welding shops? We had a local company draw up, and building a design for us at work. They have all kinds of fun stuff they play with.
  7. MattMan81

Laser cutting service/Design work

@Weldabeast
  8. MattMan81

Controlled burn gone wrong

Just curious. Not an insurance person. But seems you would need a separate rider or coverage for starting a fire like that. I could totally see the insurance company saying it's not an accident since he started the fire. (I didn't watch it so assuming). I know listing to the the THP friend who...
  9. MattMan81

WLR Hitch Discussion

Did you try it on a bigger rope? You got me concerned now. I'm gonna use either my predator rope or that blue moon I ordered. 11mm. But I weigh a little more than you, and worried about them jamming now. As far as the cord, is the lengths the same? If I tie to one should I be able to tie the...
  10. MattMan81

WLR Hitch Discussion

What rope were you running for your jrb system that they were binding?
  11. MattMan81

Score of the day!

I picked up a wild edge step last December.
  12. MattMan81

The JRB Climbing Method

My hitch cord is suppose to be here today. Plan To tie some jrb hitches. I know the michoacan works well for me on the MRS. If I can find time to play with other options I will. But if they work I will probably stick with it at this point.
  13. MattMan81

Right handed 3 o'clock shot

This move can only be performed with Crocs. FYI.
  14. MattMan81

Bear Archery (THP Adapt)

So you can adjust the cam for length then. No special tool or Different block.
  15. MattMan81

Bear Archery (THP Adapt)

I see that. Saw the hang tag he has says set to 29. So do you need a different module to adjust it? Or can you do it your self.
  16. MattMan81

All of you guys stink!

Ashby said at 18% was were the magic started to happen. If they are flying good I would go with it. You added some weight, and checked your tune. Sounds good to me. Quick way to check your FOC is measure your length, check your center point and see what that percent is.
  17. MattMan81

Bear Archery (THP Adapt)

A little disappointed to see the set draw length. Or is it adjustable?
  18. MattMan81

Tethrd Phantom Saddle 250$

Go to the top and edit your headline to close please.
  19. MattMan81

One Stick, SRT/Rappel Gear, Bow Sights, WE Steps

Pm sent for blind
  20. MattMan81

WHICH SADDLE FOR YOU BIG GUYS ?

Which pod cast?