• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Search results

1. drew13

Anytree Outdoors

Interesting. Let us know what you think of the aider. With all long aiders, I think using your lineman's belt properly is key to lateral stability. If you are 1-sticking with it then that would mean you would use both your LB and your tether/rap rope. What I have been playing with is very...
  2. drew13

Anytree Outdoors

Made a DIY version of my own to try to make it smaller/more packable. My tree strap stirrups were not easy to get feet into. Haven’t given up yet but the season has started now so not as much time for these kinds of projects. I think this can work as a climbing system if you get the foot loops...
  3. drew13

Eastern Woods Outdoors Delivers!

Does anyone else save the orange rubber bands from EWO? I have a decent collection from my orders and keep them like they’re some kind of collectors item!!! I don’t know why. Am I the only crazy one????
  4. drew13

Falling backwards?

It’s not a feeling I’ve ever had in a saddle. When you lean against a table do you feel like you’re going to go over backwards? Same kind of idea I guess.
  5. drew13

Huntarmor Saddle

Yikes. I’d steer clear of that.
  6. drew13

Tether for aider

Replace the strap with daisy chain webbing and the hook with a delta link.
  7. drew13

Tide for cover sent

I agree with what Tom said - incidental odors like laundry detergent don’t spook deer, human odor does. People use ozone and smoke for odor reduction and cover scent and it works - not 100%, but it does work. Deer smell it, so hey know it’s there and some deer are fine with it, some spook and...
  8. drew13

New lineman’s belt

Sterling HTP is pretty stiff.
  9. drew13

Mini 1-stick with platform for sale - SOLD. PLEASE CLOSE

Selling the mini 1-stick with platform I made and used for a few hunts last year. I prefer to use a ROS so sticking with my other 1-stick without a platform. 13” tall stick made from Hawk Helium tube and bottom folding double steps OOAL Flat Scout platform on top EWO standoffs Harken cam cleat...
  10. drew13

I can't believe that worked moment.

Climbing a rope using SRT. Don’t get me wrong, getting the rope up and all that was a pain, but once I hooked up I was amazed at how quickly, quietly and easily I got up the tree.
  11. drew13

Sladder

Already a thread about this - check it out: https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/the-sladder%E2%80%A6-absolute-best-climbing-method.46620/
  12. drew13

Hot deer feeding sign video

Subscribed
  13. drew13

Helium onestick

I have 2 shorty 1-sticks made from heliums. One is like 12” and one about 18”. Work great for me. No problems.
  14. drew13

Things you tried, wish it worked for you, but didn't?

Ha!!! I sold you my ANGLED scout so I could get a FLAT one! I just like the foot/ankle position better on the flat scout. Hope you're enjoying yours!
  15. drew13

'Fess Up, Who Hunts out of a Prius?

Just looked it all up and I overstated a bit: 1750 lbs towing capacity 8.1” of ground clearance 38/41 mpg (I usually get about 39.5) Mine is a 2019 but the new ones have the same specs. I do not have a plug-in hybrid (prime model).
  16. drew13

2000 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. drew13

I’ve not experienced that at all and have well exceeded the speed limit a time or two.
  18. drew13

X2 on RAV4 Hybrid. 40 mpg, awd and clearance is almost the same as the Nissan Frontier I had before it.
  19. drew13

Things you tried, wish it worked for you, but didn't?

Did you guys try putting a couple of ROS steps on the scout strap? Made a big difference for me.
  20. drew13

For anyone that doesn’t like to climb with a platform or tree stand on your back

I like this thought but I can see you’re using a Doyle’s hoist (I do too) and I foresee a difficulty…. When you pull up your stand/platform and let go of the hoist rope to attach it, won’t your bow lower back down to the ground?