• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

advice

1. K

Scentlok or Sitka or First Lite?

Sort of last minute here, but I need some new hunting clothes for this season and would appreciate some input on deciding between Scentlok, Sitka, or First Lite. It seems like Sitka and First Lite are better quality and have better camo patterns available than Scentlok, but Scentlok obviously...
  2. S

cudde back

I’ve read all the reviews and still can’t get a clear picture on the worth of the system. Anyone have any experience with the cudde link cameras? How is the battery life? Only reason im considering these over the others on the market is the single cell plan for multiple cameras. Any advice is...
  3. Eckert_Hunter18

Saddle Market question?

I just recently purchased a tethrd mantis saddle and was thinking a out selling my aerohunter new tribe evolution. Since you cant buy them anymore what do they even go for anymore? Also done a few mods like add in a row of molle webbing of the waiste belt and I changed the bridge to an 1/4...
  4. Eckert_Hunter18

Question on stick and pack mods

I currently use 4 lone wolf sticks that are original length. Only thing I've done to them is add stealth strips to them. I have looked at tons of post on how people pack them, and it seems like the majority of people cut them down in length. I just cant seem to get myself to do it. Other then...
  5. C&Doutdoors

Debating on selling my aero evo

I started out with the sitdrag and switched to the evo and for some reason I just cant get comfortable in it. I've tried adjusting everything possible it's either leg pinch or hip pinch. I get rid of one and the other one starts on me. I felt the sitdrag was pretty comfortable for me and really...
  6. C&Doutdoors

Willful thiking for a phone app

They should make saddle hunter an app for our phone. Post and messages notifications right to our phone. Like a Facebook just refresh the feed to see what's going on and put multiple links like there are now for DIY, classifieds, ect. Could only wish but would definitely be nice. Shoot the app...
  7. C&Doutdoors

Info on aero evolution

I was looking at purchasing the evo on a good deal. Currently im using a custom sit drag but was curious whats people opinions on the evo? Also where do you attach your hauler or pouches on the evo because i really dont see an molle system of any sort just gear clips and loops but seems like...
  8. C&Doutdoors

New to saddle hunting...Advice on sitdrag mod

Im new to saddle hunting and im currently using a sitdrag that i have done some mods to. Currently i feel the seat part itself isnt wide enough measuring in at 8in or so. Has anybody added to theres to help be a bigger seat area. If so can you please describe what you have done and pictures...
  9. Dmeckert18

Building platfrom

I just ordered supplies from doublesteps.com. I decided to go with the 9in post, two tree cleats and lonewolf alpha seat I got. Now building it I was going to go 1in down on both ends to put the cleats and in the middle at 4.5 in I was going to put the platform. Do you think this build plan...
  10. Dmeckert18

Difference between lonewolf alpha seat vs lonewolf elite

I was looking to purchase a lonewolf seat for a platform but wanted to know the difference between the lonewolf alpha seat vs the lonewolf elite seat
  11. Rookie

Climbing Spur Questions

I'm just getting into all of this and thinking about buying a set of spurs. Where I hunt is in South Alabama and is all hardwood river swamp, about 2000 acres and only 2 pines on the property. I'm thinking that spurs and a saddle will give me the level of mobility that I need in there, as I am...
Back