• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

aider

1. B

3. Eastern Woods Outdoors - Ultimate Lower Step

I am brand new to the forum and haven't purchased the first piece of saddle hunting equipment yet. My goal is to be ready to one-stick and saddle hunt this fall. I've been watching tons of videos and am about to make some purchases. Eastern Woods Outdoors markets an "Ultimate Lower Step" for...
  2. C

Looking to get into 1-stick

Looking to get into 1-sticking. I have been using 3-4 Hawk full length sticks. Want to get a separate one-stick set up without going broke. 1. I can use a figure 8 to rappel down from the tree, but will I need to use a separate tether then for hunting height and climbing? 2. What specific stick...
  3. Praddle

*SOLD PLEASE CLOSE*- Black Diamond ATC Pilot $25 TYD

Like new. Venmo only please. Thank you. Black Diamond ATC Pilot- $25 ($49.95 on Amazon) Preferred this over the figure 8 but switched to 8mm rope and not in spec for that. Thanks for looking!
  4. 2Sloe

Anyone Running a 4 Step Aider on Their One Stick?

Currently running a 3 step aider, 15” spacing, on my EWO UOS but find myself having to lower my stick on the tree to reach that third step on the ground set and sometimes have difficulty getting my foot up into the third step on subsequent moves. Hate giving up ground and prefer to keep the 15”...
  5. DGF

Climbing Stick Parts; Cleat, Step w/Aider, Standoffs SOLD Please Close

I have for sale the following used items: SOLD EWO Doublestep for 1" tube w/2 step aider (Formerly 3 step cut down to two). Step is anodized and has some camo spray paint on it. $35.00 TYD, PayPal SOLD EWO Ultralight Standoffs, NON-Rotating for 1" tube. Standoffs are anodized and have...
  6. DGF

Wire Rope Aider, EWO 2 pack, 18" SOLD. Please Close

I have for sale a 2 pack of Eastern Woods Outdoors wire rope aiders. These are 18" X 1/4" and come with the 1/4 X 1 1/4" Hardware for a beast stick, although it will fit others with the correct length grade 8 bolt. See EWO website for proper hardware lengths for your application. I would like...
  7. wihunter50

Aider step newbie question

I will have my first saddle hunt this year and have been practicing my climbing method. Currently I am using 3 OOAL 17" shikar sticks with a DIY amsteel continuous loop aider step. I am able to get about 13 feet off the ground with my current equipment, but am considering a 15" 3 step aider...
  8. Shakeandbake

EWO cable aider beast sticks size?

Anyone know the right size aider and bolt that works with beast sticks? All it says for one option is beast xl, not sure if that’s it. Anyone have these on beast sticks?
  9. Snacks

DIY straight webbing aider

I’ve been scrolling through the threads looking to see what people have done for straight multi step webbing aiders for my new Helium’s and was only able to find single step aiders (I’m sure Imnot searching correctly). I originally made a 4 step offset aider and after trying it out a few times...
  10. Shakeandbake

Any member sell Amsteel aiders?

Hey is there any members on here that make amsteel climbing stick aiders? Looking for a one step aider, 3/16 or 1/4? Probably need a few of them Thanks guys
  11. goody94

Aiders on Strap on Step

Hey guys I’m new on here. Been observing from a distance for a while and I’ve caught the diy bug. I have 9 strap on aluminum steps in my garage I’ve been toying around with how to use the bare minimum and get to 16-20’. Anybody ever messed around with using a single step aider on there steps...
  12. Red Beard

5.5lb climbing, platforming, & descending package - Solo Scout

Saddle hunting is dangerous. People have died doing it. Know that if you hunt from an elevated position, there is a higher percentage of you not coming home to your loved ones than if you stay on the ground. Take the words/ideas of dudes on the internet with a grain of salt; very few of them are...
  13. Jake577

5 WE steps, WE perch and step aider SOLD PLEASE REMOVE

All never been hunted out of only tested a few times. Comes with original bag. Asking $200 for everything or make me an offer for seperate pieces.
  14. DanO

New Wire Rope Aider Available

Looking for a longer wire rope aider or an aider that fits different bolts? Now stocking 20" and 22" step spacing wire rope aiders with either a 1/4" or 5/16" eyelet. For a limited time (or longer) these will be $9.99. These are made for me by a tree stand cable manufacturer and provide a bigger...
  15. G

Comparing the Wild Edge Stepp vs. OOAL's Shikar sticks

For anyone wanting to take a more in-depth look at Wild Edge Stepps or Out On A Limb's Shikar sticks, I do a side-by-side climbing comparison of the two to see how high you can get with each system when paired with the most popular aiders that are commonly used with them. We'll show you how to...
  16. SecretAgentMan

Amsteel Aider with Hose Step

I’m totally new to saddle hunting. So much so, that I haven’t even had a sit yet. Still waiting on gear. But, in the meantime, I did DIY up a step aider. I fiddled with a strap and just never came out with something I liked when trying it out in the yard. And maybe this will fold up and pack a...
  17. Murph4028

Why you need Tethrd Versa Straps

It's pretty obvious I've been putting out a lot of info lately. As my season gets closer I've thrown it into high gear and been rehearsing climbing methods, weeding out unnecessary items, cyber mapping areas I've already physically scouted and so on. With the massive influx of new saddle hunters...
  18. S

Thinking about adding an Etrier to my climbing method but concerned about safety.

I've been thinking about adding an etrier to my current climbing method as opposed to a standard aider for my Wild Edge Steps to shave a little pack space and weight. Any climbing method aiders sound great to me from a standpoint of shaving weight and pack space, but I'd rather not sacrifice...
  19. U

Wild Edge Stepps For Sale

5 Stepps, Aider, and bag included. Like new condition. Need em ASAP? I’ll next day air them to you. Shoot me a PM for images. Thanks guys.
  20. J

Webbing aider as climbing method?

More and more looking at climbing sticks for this year the more I'm not feeling any of them. I was wondering if any had the good the bad and ugly about using webbing strap aiders as a climbing method. Thanks
Back