• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

climbing

1. C

Looking to get into 1-stick

Looking to get into 1-sticking. I have been using 3-4 Hawk full length sticks. Want to get a separate one-stick set up without going broke. 1. I can use a figure 8 to rappel down from the tree, but will I need to use a separate tether then for hunting height and climbing? 2. What specific stick...
  2. DGF

SOLD! Black Diamond BOD Harness, Large, $30 TYD

SOLD! For Sale: Black Diamond BOD Harness, Size Large. I purchased this new late last fall with plans to switch to a rock climbing harness this year and decided to go a different route. Never used, only tried on. It packs quite small. $30 To your door, CONUS Thanks for looking, -Dan
  3. RandomHero18

I can't believe no one is talking about this climbing method...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWJTZTBQ/?coliid=I1Q6E8F7WU38O0&colid=1B2635LKCF0UV&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1
  4. DGF

Climbing Stick Parts; Cleat, Step w/Aider, Standoffs SOLD Please Close

I have for sale the following used items: SOLD EWO Doublestep for 1" tube w/2 step aider (Formerly 3 step cut down to two). Step is anodized and has some camo spray paint on it. $35.00 TYD, PayPal SOLD EWO Ultralight Standoffs, NON-Rotating for 1" tube. Standoffs are anodized and have...
  5. DGF

One Stick W/Scout Angled Platform SOLD Please Close

I have for sale a Onestick. It's constructed of an angled scout platform, Anodized EWO Ultralight standoffs, a EWO two step sewn webbing aider (formerly a 3 step aider cut down to 2), a 15" Lone Wolf tube, a Schaefer cam cleat and a full burry amsteel rope. This stick is in used condition...
  6. DGF

EWO Double steps, Qty. 8 SOLD Please Close

I have 8 Eastern Woods Outdoors steps for sale. All are anodized and for a 1" tube. Six are flat top, one is flat top Ultralight, and one is angled. All have been used and have a DIY spray paint camo job. $100 TYD, PayPal G&S only. Thanks for looking, Dan
  7. G

The Sladder… ABSOLUTE BEST Climbing method

This has got to be the BEST climbing method out there.
  8. R

Klein tree gaffs brand new!! Please Close

Brand new never use started using steps more got quicker and more effective so no use in using these will let go for $175 you pay shipping
  9. wihunter50

Aider step newbie question

I will have my first saddle hunt this year and have been practicing my climbing method. Currently I am using 3 OOAL 17" shikar sticks with a DIY amsteel continuous loop aider step. I am able to get about 13 feet off the ground with my current equipment, but am considering a 15" 3 step aider...
  10. BeardedHunter

Shikar Stick question

I’ve been looking at getting Shikar sticks for next season. I’m having a hard time trying to decide between the standard lengths (17-1/8”) and 20”. I plan on using a versa aider (possibly double versa aiders) to get a little higher. Also can’t decide if I should get 3 or 4? How high is everyone...
  11. castsnagger

Wild Edge Stepladder 5-step $80 TYD SOLD please close

Like new. I put two of these on a tree a couple of times, but then went in a different direction for climbing. $80 to your door. PayPal friends and family.
  12. S

Doyle's hoist failure, need alternative

So I went hunting on Wednesday and just as I'm about to get on my platform the nylon strap on my Doyle's gear hoist snapped. It looked like it got caught up on a leaning tree branch or something but nonetheless I didn't expect it to snap. It screwed everything up and I had to one stick down the...
  13. S

Ropeman 2 or bust?

I'm looking to upgrade my lineman belt. Ideally, I wanted a ropeman 1 but it currently is not carried on amazon; only the ropeman 2. I've seen issues with the ropeman 2 biting too hard or causing the rope to fray prematurely.. Bottom line; Is getting a ropeman 2 worth it or should I just stick...
  14. peteherbst

Sold Please Close: 8 Cranford Rope Steps $80 TYD

As the title states. Bought used and they aren’t for me.
  15. Madgrad02

SOLD - PLEASE CLOSE Leverage Climbing Sticks

Full length (32") climbing sticks - barely used. Folding double steps that angle out so you get more room for big feet. Lone Wolf versabutton and rope mod (9' of sterling 8mm accessory cord factory cut from R&W Rope) held in place with castration bands. Camo sponge painted. Stack great...
  16. Mobowhunter94

Climbing spur leg straps

Hey fellas I just got me a set of climbing spurs for my private land set up. I was wanting to see what everyone’s solution for the Velcro leg strap was. Post pics and links if you can thanks y’all have a great season!
  17. J

Is this rope okay?

I'm looking to get into DbRT, and eventually SRT with saddle hunting. I just ordered the Mantis saddle, and I'm trying to get all the gear together I will need. Does this rope look okay for a climbing line? I will also probably make it into a tether and lineman's belt, and make a short bridge...
  18. peteherbst

Two Prusik Lineman’s Belt

Anyone else running two prusik knots on your lineman’s belt to get around limbs? I’m thinking one lineman’s belt, two prusik knots, a ropeman, and four biners. To get around a limb, just clip your first biner/prusik around the limb and into your lineman’s loops, unhook spliced eye to go around...
  19. C

DIY Rope & Stick Platform

I didn't know what to call this climbing method but nonetheless wanted to get some opinions on its potential pros and cons. I like it and am currently making one, I have a Tethrd Mantis coming with a Predator Platform so I'll probably use that instead of the lumber as mentioned in the video as...
  20. Stpatricklakelongbows

Climbing methods for sale

I was new to saddle hunting last year and while trying to figure out my favorite climbing method, I bought all sorts of stuff that now sits in a corner... Since I ultimately decided I like some modified Hawk Helium sticks with aiders and a Tetherd Predator for my platorm, I figured it was time...
Back