• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

daisy chain

1. blewis5289

Platform Attachment

Is anyone using Amsteel daisy chain to attach your platform? Any tricks to making it tight? I am running the Seeker platform and want to ditch the buckle straps but am struggling getting it tight enough. Thanks in advance!
  2. S

7/64 Amsteel Daisy Chain - Standard Lonewolf 30" sticks

Morning all, I'm sort of new to the forum, I joined last year when my wife bought me a Tethrd phantom starter kit for Christmas. I was able to try it out a few times in the yard and a handful of times late season archery here in PA. I have hunted with it every "sit" this season and love it...
  3. Jtaylor

"Button Runner 2.0"

Thanks for the idea @mtsrunner! So I give credit to mtsrunner for this, I just put it on sticks. It's an Amsteel daisy chain semi-permanently attached to the stick and eliminates the need for a versa button. Seems to work just as well as a daisy chain, can't be dropped and no mechanical or...
  4. Red Beard

5.5lb climbing, platforming, & descending package - Solo Scout

Saddle hunting is dangerous. People have died doing it. Know that if you hunt from an elevated position, there is a higher percentage of you not coming home to your loved ones than if you stay on the ground. Take the words/ideas of dudes on the internet with a grain of salt; very few of them are...
  5. S

Daisy Chain Mods

Merry Christmas, everyone! As we all are, I'm constantly making mods to my equipment. My next mod is going to be a rope mod on my new Heliums that I got for Christmas. I've seen rope mods, which I've done on my platform with 9mm static line, but I'm thinking for the sticks, I'm going to go with...
  6. S

Amsteel splicing/loop making etc

I've been playing around making daisy chains. All those awesome tutorial videos have been extremely helpful!!! Thanks much to all guys that shared their experiences with us. I've had some of own thoughts I'd like to share. I did purchase the blue knitting needles and fashioned a fid. (fine...
  7. S

Harbor Freight "amsteel"

I read on someone's post that HF has rope like amsteel. Then just last week I got an add from them and they have ATV winch rope, 50', with tow hook and abrasion resistant sleeve. 3/16" diameter. On sale for $24.99. Regularly $29. I bought 2, should have gotten 3. It has a working weight of...
  8. T

Hawk Helium sticks w/ Amsteel Daisy Chain

Easy mod anyone can do! Super lightweight and noise free. 1.) buy a spool of 1/8” amsteel 2.) watch YouTube video on how to make a daisy chain 3.) replace your cam buckle straps with Amsteel daisy chains Instead of just doing a few loops on each end I did loops the entire 8’ length which...
  9. T

Hawk Helium’s w/ Amsteel 1/8” daisy chain

So after trying muddy climbing sticks 3 years ago I wrote off climbing sticks completely until this year when I bought the new Helium sticks. Super light weight, can make them even lighter if you make them single instead of double stepped. Also I just replaced the cam buckles and webbing and...
  10. Mengle

Tree stick strap / aider combo

Has anybody tried to use a daisy chain strap as a tree strap for your stick as well as an aider at the same time? I have not added the alder yet but I don't see why it would work unless you are trying to climb a massive tree. It is very sturdy and saves the hassle and maybe some of the weight of...
Back