• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

deer

1. L

Would you setup?

So, I’ve been hunting this area and yesterday I got on some deer (one in pic). My problem is this is all briar and thick cover with a field opening. The closest, and only, tree is the one in the pic. Kinda risky, but would you guys sit this tree?
  2. vrosa12

PA/OH/NY/NJ/MD "Mountain" Hunting

Hey Guys, New to the Saddle Hunting website. I hunt out of a Lone Wolf Climber, however, I'm obsessed with deer hunting strategy and tactics so I figured I'd start a few conversations with some of the great hunters on this site. Mountain hunting has always intrigued me. We're not talking about...
  3. N

Long Island NYC

Hey I just recently started hunting in Long Island here in NYC, I was wondering if anyone here has hunted in Long Island and if they had any success there? I not saying give up your honey holes lol im just wondering in general if there is any good hunting in Lon island last week I went out...
  4. Radar99

Florida Deer Hunting

HI all, I am moving from Illinois to Florida for a two year field assignment for work. I will be in living in the suburbs of Tampa. Does anyone here deer hunt in Florida? I plan to hunt anyway but, a little info or what to expect would be helpful. Thanks.
  5. DelaWhere_Arrow

Hunting Pre-Pinned Public Land

I have the opportunity to participate in a management hunt starting Monday morning. The land is public, and very close to home. The deer herd is about 20:1 what the land can support in this area (probably not that high really, but that’s actually not a terrible estimate), and the DNR wants deer...
  6. DelaWhere_Arrow

United Blood Trackers

Saw @Allegheny Tom post about Luminol, and I recommend you all do the same. I also thought it warranted a companion post: www.UnitedBloodTrackers.org I’m baffled that blood tracking with certified tracking dogs and trackers is illegal in some states. Like, dumbfounded. It takes only one brain...
  7. DelaWhere_Arrow

Will you be in a tree opening day?

With some seasons opening this week, I’m just curious who will be up in a specific tree or in a specific area, and who does what I do for the first few days of season, which is basically scouting with my bow. If I see hot sign or bump deer, I might set up on the ground or one/two sticks high...
Back