• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

gear

1. DGF

Doyle's Huntin' Hoist, Rope Style SOLD Please Close

I have for sale a Doyle's Huntin' Hoist. 30' Rope Style. Never used. $25.00 PayPal TYD Thanks for looking, Dan
  2. L

Gear Strap from the Saddle?

Hey guys, What is everyone using to strap their gear to the tree while in the saddle? I’ve seen the Tethrd HYS, I know Trophyline has one as well; it’s more of a preference than anything though, I believe. Anybody have a DIY strap or Amazon version they run? I know it’s a simple concept, so...
  3. L

Any run API Outdoors sticks?

Hey guys, This is my first year hunting exclusively out of a saddle. I bought myself a Trophyline Covert Lite after some demos and I ordered an XOP Edge platform. I had some cashback points on my Cabelas card and after some research, I ordered a set of API Outdoors Hunt’n sticks. They were...
  4. L

Knee pad usage, any recommendations?

I am newer to saddle hunting, I’ve only used my buddy’s older model JX3 style the past 2 season on occasion. This year, I purchased my first saddle and I’ve been getting things together and getting some simulated climbs (in the yard, on poles). One things I’ve seen, but little discussed, is...
  5. W

OOAL BIG B.O.B.

The New BIG B.O.B. "Best of Both" One Stick Weight with Harken and rope - 4.2 lbs Stick Length: 16" Adjustable Top: 20 Degree Adjustments Width of top platform: 13" Depth of top platform: 8" Width of bottom platform step: 9 5/8" Depth of bottom platform step: 6" Depth to post: 4.5" Website...
  6. deleted_user04

Any other gear heads out there?

I have it bad. I love to buy and try new hunting products. I'm constantly searching online for new ideas and gear to try out. I've had some flops and some super cool gear. If I find a certain item that is a game changer in my bag, I buy several of that item to ensure I will always have it.
  7. TNbowhunter

Seeking Advice for Newbie - Gear Choices

Hi all, long-time, first-time here. I'm finally biting the bullet and making the switch to saddle hunting after being forced to hunt the wrong tree with my big, bulky climber one too many times. I've already read much of what's been posted on here, but I'd still love to hear y'all's...
  8. Y

I fell... Should I check my gear?

I'm new and was practicing with my mantis and WEI Stepps on Sunday. I was maybe 10ft up trying to adjust my lineman's belt to get me closer to the tree, using both hands. I lost my balance and rolled to my right, bear hugged onto the tree and slid down maybe 2ft before my lineman's caught on one...
  9. peteherbst

SOLD-Nomad Mid Season System $120 TYD

Great pants and jacket and was exactly what I was looking for, pants just don’t fit since I’m 6’3”. Tags still on. Tried on at home a couple times. Never been outside. Mossy Oak Elements Terra pattern. PayPal F&F or add 3% for fees.
  10. Murph4028

Why you need Tethrd Versa Straps

It's pretty obvious I've been putting out a lot of info lately. As my season gets closer I've thrown it into high gear and been rehearsing climbing methods, weeding out unnecessary items, cyber mapping areas I've already physically scouted and so on. With the massive influx of new saddle hunters...
  11. Murph4028

What do you use to store your gear?

Where do you keep all your hunting gear? Do you keep it all together? I have used a Remington tough box from academy sports for a few years now but it's just not big enough anymore. I like to keep everything I use or might use in the same container in case I change my mind on what I am taking in...
  12. DelaWhere_Arrow

Daisy chain as gear hanger

Looking for some ideas for public-land-legal gear hangers, and of course I’ve seen the daisy chain webbing on doublesteps, which is not even backorderable even though the pop-up says they’re in stock. I’ve also seen the versa-straps and @g2outdoors diy webbing hanger. So... Found these on...
  13. Murph4028

Kestrel Flex Modifications

With this being a new product and what seems like so many people buying these I figured it would be good to start a mods/improvements thread. I am very happy with this saddle as it comes. My only complaint was the flex pleat not staying closed when I wanted it to. So I took it to a sew shop and...
  14. Murph4028

Bison Gear Packs

Anyone have or tried a bison gear pack? Ive been wanting one for a while but just wasn't sure due to the prices and limited product pics on their site. They reopen this spring so maybe the pics problem will change. If you've ever had one how was it?
Back