• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

hunting

1. L

Would you setup?

So, I’ve been hunting this area and yesterday I got on some deer (one in pic). My problem is this is all briar and thick cover with a field opening. The closest, and only, tree is the one in the pic. Kinda risky, but would you guys sit this tree?
  2. vrosa12

PA/OH/NY/NJ/MD "Mountain" Hunting

Hey Guys, New to the Saddle Hunting website. I hunt out of a Lone Wolf Climber, however, I'm obsessed with deer hunting strategy and tactics so I figured I'd start a few conversations with some of the great hunters on this site. Mountain hunting has always intrigued me. We're not talking about...
  3. DelaWhere_Arrow

Anyone hunting hogs in Ohio?

I shot a hog in 2013 and I’ve had the itch ever since. It’s gotten worse now that I have a good mobile setup and a camp-worthy Tacoma. I’ve heard SE Ohio is kinda ground zero for hogs here, and I’ve heard that they’re actually all over the state by now, which is a hotly debated topic when you...
  4. Red Beard

Pacseat mods: Putting the 'pack' in Pacseat, & other things

I received a Waldrop Pacseat recently and I REALLY like the thing. It is super-comfortable and extremely light weight. My overall appreciation for it is a 4 out of 5. Think I had a misunderstanding about the 'pac' part of the name though. I thought that it could be used as a pack frame to pack...
  5. N

Long Island NYC

Hey I just recently started hunting in Long Island here in NYC, I was wondering if anyone here has hunted in Long Island and if they had any success there? I not saying give up your honey holes lol im just wondering in general if there is any good hunting in Lon island last week I went out...
  6. DelaWhere_Arrow

WTT Hang Time in O-H... I-O!

Here’s the thing: My in-laws live in Logan County, OH and they have the ability to help me gain access to hunting ground, BUT none of their family hunts and out-of-state hunting licenses in OH are restrictively priced,so it’s out of the question this year unless I fall into some of that Disney...
  7. G

Hunting canoe $350 obo

Hey guys. I have recently upgraded to a radar 115 kayak for hunting and decided to sell my old town guide 119 canoe that I hunted out of previously. It is the same thing as an old town discovery 119 rebranded as a special for ****s sporting goods. It has been a great little boat and got me to...
  8. Murph4028

Worst thing that's happened to you in the woods

What's the worst thing that's happened to you while hunting or in the woods? 4 years ago on Halloween I was hunting in Uwharrie National Forest. I was about a mile and a half back in an area I had never been to before hunting solo. As usual I stayed until I couldn't see anymore, packed up my...
  9. Slingpredator06

Mountain hunters

Who here hunts in a mountainous area or constantly faces challenging terrain? I do and I'm interested to hear how the terrain and animal patterns affect your hunting techniques.
  10. Slingpredator06

Climbing stick FOR saddle hunters

Hey everyone. New guy here and this is my first post. A little about me; Ive been saddle hunting for about 10 years, have lived in and hunted in 8 different states ranging from Texas all the way to the east coast, and Iike most saddle hunters, I love to be innovative and find better new ways to...
  11. P

SRT Supplies for sale: Ascender, sling, Prusiks

I bought a kit that had a bunch of stuff for using Single Rope Technique. All items are new and never used. Only selling because I decided to stick with climbing sticks. Here is what is for sale: GM Climbing Ascender: New, asking $65 Singing Rock Foot Sling: New, $15 Yale Bee Line 5/16" Prusik...
Back