• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

kestrel

1. Z

Areo kestrel flex size 2

200 TYD. PayPal FF or buyer can pay the fees. Born on date is 8/13/19 I bought used off SH in October of 2020. It was my first saddle. Only reason for selling in im going to a 2 panel saddle
  2. T

SOLD - Aero Hunter Kestrel Flex Size 2

Looking to trade my Size 2 flex for a size 1. Would possible sell for the right price but trades take priority.
  3. diuilin

WTB - Saddle, platform, more

I'm just getting into saddle hunting this year and am looking to buy a saddle and other gear. I'm younger than some of the guys here, but coming up on 60 this year, I'd like something with some comfort and back support: preferably Kestrel Flex or JX3 Hybrid or maybe a Cruzr XC. I'd also like...
  4. Shakeandbake

Is Yarak and Kestrel Flex the same saddle?

I watched a YouTube video with the WE guys and they said they work with aero hunter and designed the flex but they also produce their own? I ordered a kestrel flex but I’m reading people calling Yarak the flex. Just looking for some clarity on the difference between the two of they work for aero...
  5. Shakeandbake

Kestrel Flex bridge options

Hey guys, I have been eyeing up a kestrel flex to purchase and want know if any users can give me some input on what bridge option works best. I’m liking the rope bridge but most of the reviews on YouTube seem to be using the webbing bridge. New to the forum, thanks for any info.
  6. J

SOLD - Please Remove

Selling my Kestrel tree saddle Sat in it probably 20 times. I like it a lot but im in central florida and am looking to get the phantom which will be more breathable for me. Price: $160+Shipping Size: 1 26"-36" Condition: Good Modifications: Added an amsteel fixed bridge Shipping: I can ship...
  7. ShawnE

TRADED PLEASE CLOSE - WTT Aero Hunter Kestrel Size 2 - Like New, Mint

I have a Kestrel Size 2 with a Back Band that has only been hunted with 3 times in the afternoon this season. Back band was never used at all. This saddle is pretty much like new condition. For trade: Medium Tethrd Mantis in similar minty fresh condition Lone Wolf Assault Treestand Lone Wolf...
  8. M.Earnhart0524

TRADE!!!.... L mantis saddle for another saddle

TRADE ONLY....I currently have a large mantis saddle that im wanting to trade. Would prefer the kestrel flex but open to the kestrel, kite or yarak. Im wanting to stay in the same size region as large so probably a size 2 in the other saddles. I have 2 hauler pouches i will include in the trade...
  9. DelaWhere_Arrow

First real saddle sit

Definitely have some dialing in to do still, but fudge me if this Kestrel isn’t the most comfortable sit I’ve ever had in the woods. Did some minimal practice at ground level, but I can definitely see what kinda of swinging and positioning I need to practice still. My hold on side pressure...
  10. DelaWhere_Arrow

Permethrin on your saddle?

I looked for a similar thread, but I only found the generic permethrin threads with very few saddle-specific thoughts on Permethrin. I’m sure 99% of us bathe in it and drown our clothes and backpacks in it, but does it have any ill effects on the saddle material itself? Is it even necessary...
  11. DelaWhere_Arrow

Another win for AH/NT

Just got my OG Kestrel, and I am pleasantly surprised by what I found. To give some background, I ordered by phone and have been treated like their only customer every time I have called or emailed in reference to the order. Mainly Debbie, but also Sophia, have been tremendous. I had to...
  12. Red Beard

WTT Mantis for Kestrel

You send me your barely/gently used size 1 Kestrel and I'll send you my barely used medium Mantis. :-)
  13. Red Beard

WTT Medium Mantis for size 1 Flex

I've got a medium Mantis with micro adjusters that I'd like to trade for a size 1 Flex. Any pattern on the Flex is OK (prefer ASAT though).
  14. longbowwoman

Please close....Amok Camping Hammock package New

This is a brand new Amok Draumr top of the line camping hammock. It comes with the hammock, rain fly and air mattress. I bought this as a complete camping kit for $380 plus shipping costs. I set it up once but never had a chance to use this. Everything has the tags on them and you can smell that...
  15. Murph4028

Kestrel Flex Modifications

With this being a new product and what seems like so many people buying these I figured it would be good to start a mods/improvements thread. I am very happy with this saddle as it comes. My only complaint was the flex pleat not staying closed when I wanted it to. So I took it to a sew shop and...
  16. dustinsitzes

aerohunter bridge length and tree tether.

Hey there, I received my aerohunter kite about a week ago. It really seems very comfortable, easy to use, and well made. The only issues I’m having with it is that the bridge seems too long and I ordered the longer tree tether in order to be able to wrap the rope 2x around tree and It seems...
  17. K

WTB Kestrel Size 2

Looking to buy a Kestrel Size 2 if anyone has one that they are interested in selling. PM me the details. PayPal ready! Thanks!
  18. R

WTB Kestrel Size 2 or XL Mantis

Looking to buy a Kestrel Size 2 or XL Mantis for an upcoming hunt. Would prefer to just have the saddle, as I already have all the ropes/accessories I need. If need be, I'll just use my SitDrag for this hunt and order a new one, but thought I'd check to see if anyone has one they don't need...
  19. SloMo

Saddle setup in the tree yesterday.

Kestrel, Tenzing TZ 1440, etc all hanging out for my last sit of the year. New carabiners work great . Xop platform is rock solid and as you can see my giant feet fit pretty well. Changed out my bridge to 10 mm 22 KN static line with a spliced end and a manual locking round shank, HMS style...
  20. River Hunter

Kestrel bridge as second lineman belt?

Was out getting a tree set up last weekend which was also my maiden voyage with my size 2 Kestrel. First off some changes I made from stock set up in the two weeks I've had it.. I put a Ropeman 1 and carabiner on one side of the bridge - as it comes the bridge is way too long for my taste. And...
Back