• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

linemans belt

1. Bayou chasseur

Saddle setup- saddle, ropes, ropeman 1, etc.

Treehopper saddle (double panel saddle) Treehopper screw in paddle - 2 Ropeman 1 - 2 Black diamond carabiner - 2 Tree tether and lineman’s belt with spliced eye Not interested in selling items individually Buyer pays shipping $200
  2. T

Amsteel for Lineman’s Rope and Tether

Any reason why most saddle hunters tend to use Sampson Predator or similar for a Lineman’s Rope and Tether. Given the strength to size ratio, it seems like this would make for a more efficient climbing setup. I’m new but I’ve started working a lot with amsteel, so I was curious Thanks and stay safe
  3. Eckert_Hunter18

Oplux rope with ropeman1

Does anyone run oplux rope with a ropeman 1. If so God does it do for you, I know its outside of the specs of the ropeman but I've heard mixed views on that matter. Trying to get more knowledge on the matter before makeing a decision
  4. S

Ropeman 2 or bust?

I'm looking to upgrade my lineman belt. Ideally, I wanted a ropeman 1 but it currently is not carried on amazon; only the ropeman 2. I've seen issues with the ropeman 2 biting too hard or causing the rope to fray prematurely.. Bottom line; Is getting a ropeman 2 worth it or should I just stick...
  5. peteherbst

Two Prusik Lineman’s Belt

Anyone else running two prusik knots on your lineman’s belt to get around limbs? I’m thinking one lineman’s belt, two prusik knots, a ropeman, and four biners. To get around a limb, just clip your first biner/prusik around the limb and into your lineman’s loops, unhook spliced eye to go around...
  6. Murph4028

Modifying a linemans belt

So after switching to using bolts for a climbing method its had me thinking about my linemans belt. I know some guys on here use a tree squeeze and those look like they would be great to have in the event of a slip but at 169 bucks I feel like with a little thought it could be made instead of...
  7. Amarty734

DIY lineman's belt and tether vs Tethrd

I am new to saddle hunting and am beginning to put together my setup. I am contemplating making my own lineman's belt and tether, or to just buy them from Tethrd when I get my mantis. They are pretty close in price actually when all is said and done. Here is a breakdown of what I have found...
  8. peteherbst

8mm Rope Lineman’s Belt

I have a HSS lineman’s belt but want another to go around branches. I have a bunch of 8mm rope left over from putting Versa buttons on my hawk helium sticks so I thought I would use that? Not sure if that’s ok or not. If it is, what would be the right size rope to Prusik knot? I think I’ve...
  9. Slingpredator06

Climbing system failure

A buddy of mine took a fall this morning. As he was climbing up to his hang on stand a folding step on a very popular climbing stick failed causing it to rotate straight down. (Item is not under recall) This caused him to lose his balance falling to the right while hanging on to the top steps...
  10. SouthernTierHunter

Help w DIY Tether and Lineman's Belt

I have never saddle hunted before or even been in one. I would like to start prepping trees now and practicing shooting form one but I need a saddle to do so. I ordered a Aero Hunter Kite but as you probably know its on back order until mid September. I have a rock harness and sit drag on the...
Back