• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

modification

1. Hardly_Hangin

Nondestructive JX3 harness mod (no sewing required!!)

TLDR, how to hit the "nondestructivley modifying JX3" easy button for improved load carrying comfort. Insert generic saftey disclosure about modifying gear. From the outstart, ill give full inspirational credit to @kyler1945 and his meat hauling JX3 modifications, thanks for all your work...
  2. B

Helium LW Versa Button Bolts

I have the old version Hawk Helium straps with that annoying clip to attach. I'm switching to a daisy chain amsteel and I've purchased the LW versa button. Sadly their bolts are not long enough. I'm looking for a link to order instead of trying to go to 5+ stores to search for them. I'm not...
  3. S

Ambush Teeth Mod From Andrae D'acquisto

Hi Guys, I was talking with Andrae on Facebook and brought up the issue of the Ambush making noise on harder bark trees. Within the next couple days, Andrae plans on making of the video for this process, but essentially you grind the Ambush's teeth down to a 45 degree from the top down. This...
  4. T

Custom Platform Suggestions

I am a new saddle hunter and new to the page. I work at a fabrication shop so I decided to build my own platform. It’s still in the design stage so I’m looking for any input, I’d add a picture of the design but it keeps telling me the photos I take/ try to upload are too large. (If someone can...
  5. S

Xop mini stick mods (lay flat, No added parts)

I've been wanting the packability of LWCG sticks but have not been able to get ahold of them, so I've been checking out different stick options attempting to recreate what makes them packable. Essentially it is a rotating stand-off that allows the stick to lay flat. Ironically with the XOP...
  6. S

Modded Novix Sticks- pack flat

I've modded the Novix mini sticks so they can pack flat. Essentially replaced standing bolts with grade 8 1/4"- 3" bolts and used a 5/16 nut to space the offset bracket from the stick. I've jump tested each stick and we're looking good. I'm 200lbs and seems to be just as stable as the original...
  7. RJHunter

Tethrd Predator platform mods

I'm new to this forum, and saddle hunting at that, so apologize if this has already been discussed recently. Been researching saddle hunting for the past year and finally got my gear this week. Very excited to join the saddle hunting family. I just picked up a predator platform and was looking...
  8. Eckert_Hunter18

Question on stick and pack mods

I currently use 4 lone wolf sticks that are original length. Only thing I've done to them is add stealth strips to them. I have looked at tons of post on how people pack them, and it seems like the majority of people cut them down in length. I just cant seem to get myself to do it. Other then...
  9. C&Doutdoors

New to saddle hunting...Advice on sitdrag mod

Im new to saddle hunting and im currently using a sitdrag that i have done some mods to. Currently i feel the seat part itself isnt wide enough measuring in at 8in or so. Has anybody added to theres to help be a bigger seat area. If so can you please describe what you have done and pictures...
  10. Murph4028

Murph4028's WE Perch Mod

Yep that's right. I'm naming this after myself because I'm awesome and have to leave my stamp on the saddle hunting world! So here it is. The perch complete with the Murph mod. Lol. Ok all jokes aside, I'm liking my WE setup but the perch seemed like it was never the same everytime I cammed it...
  11. Murph4028

Kestrel Flex Modifications

With this being a new product and what seems like so many people buying these I figured it would be good to start a mods/improvements thread. I am very happy with this saddle as it comes. My only complaint was the flex pleat not staying closed when I wanted it to. So I took it to a sew shop and...
  12. Backstrap Assassin

Modification to my climbing sticks

I tried looking to see if my idea has been done or at least talked about on here, but I couldn’t find anything. After looking at the new hunting beast climbing sticks I’m thinking about drilling some air holes in my muddy climbing sticks to reduce the weight like they did. Has anyone done...
Back