• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

oplux

1. BeardedHunter

Sewn eye applied tethers/linemans

So I’m looking for a new lineman’s rope to replace my 11mm rope. I replaced my tether last year and I love the Oplux so I’m wanting to do the same for my lineman’s rope. My only issue is I’d like a little bit longer rope than the 7’ finished tether I got from Bullman last year. Nothing wrong...
  2. G

New to saddle hunting in New Zealand

Due to extended time off I’ve been looking at new ways to hunt here in NZ. After finding various vids on web and this site I’ve started putting together some items that I can find here and ordered a sit drag to try. I like the idea of 2tc and reppelling down. Don’t like the idea of price of...
  3. Shakeandbake

8mm oplux prusik size?

Was going to order a new tether from doublesteps but doesn’t look like they come with a prusik knot. I have an 8mm Sterling prusik on my current tether. Is a 8mm prusik the correct size for 8mm oplux?
  4. Eckert_Hunter18

Oplux rope with ropeman1

Does anyone run oplux rope with a ropeman 1. If so God does it do for you, I know its outside of the specs of the ropeman but I've heard mixed views on that matter. Trying to get more knowledge on the matter before makeing a decision
  5. Eckert_Hunter18

Oplux rope vs htp or predator

I was looking at changing my current rope system to the oplux rope, due to less bulk and lightweight. Before I go an pull the trigger does anyone have a picture of the oplux rope next to htp, predator or tethrd rope they offer as well. Really want to see a size comparison before I make the change.
  6. Red Beard

WTT/WTS: Foot ascender

I've got a CMI foot ascender (RIGHT foot) that I'd like to trade for a name brand, 8mm rated, hand ascender (LEFT hand). Looking for a Climbing Technology Quick Roll, Petzl Ascension, ISC Pro, CMC, or similar. An included foot loop would be awesome and a double hand ascender would be...
Back