• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

rope

1. S

Tether rope recommendations

I was wondering how long does everyone use their tether for or how long they last? And is there any that people recommend? I have Tethrds ropes, the 11mm got a bulge in the eye within a year and Tethrd was great with a warranty. But then the 8mm which was used for a year and half now the prusik...
  2. J

SOLD: DIY Items

DIY Stick building items cleanout: (4) 17" Step Height Cable Aiders 5/16" Eyes w/ hardware Lightly used -SOLD (3) 24" Long for 1" Tubes Stealth Strips Strata NEW 1/8" x 100' Sampson Amsteel Black Color NEW -SOLD SOLD
  3. S

Splice Hunter Safety System rope and tree strap

Does anyone know if guys have been able to splice these ropes. I'm trying to get the specs, diameter and strands etc but can't find anything. Hunter Safety System Treestand Lifeline Manufacturer model #: LLS+ Hunter Safety System Rope-Style Tree Strap Manufacturer model #: RSTS
  4. J

Sterling C-IV Canyon Rope - share an order ?

Anyone want to share an order of Sterling C-IV Canyon Rope? it is out of stock at double step
  5. parsnip

Rope Choice for SRT/MRS climbing

Hey All, I've been practicing DRT/MRS climbing in my saddle w/ my friend's tree work rope, and I'm sold. But I want my own rope. I'm looking for it to be: Safe and adequately wear resistant to hold up over a limb Light and compact compatible w/ using a blake's hitch (I like the knots more...
  6. DelaWhere_Arrow

Tethrd Phantom’s Bridge Knot

Hey y’all, been a while since I’ve posted but I was looking at the Phantom saddle and though it’s quite cool, I noticed some things that rang my safety alarm: the Amsteel bridge is adjustable with a prusik of exactly the same diameter and material. Is there a climbing instructor, arborist, or...
  7. Eckert_Hunter18

Oplux rope with ropeman1

Does anyone run oplux rope with a ropeman 1. If so God does it do for you, I know its outside of the specs of the ropeman but I've heard mixed views on that matter. Trying to get more knowledge on the matter before makeing a decision
  8. Eckert_Hunter18

Oplux rope vs htp or predator

I was looking at changing my current rope system to the oplux rope, due to less bulk and lightweight. Before I go an pull the trigger does anyone have a picture of the oplux rope next to htp, predator or tethrd rope they offer as well. Really want to see a size comparison before I make the change.
  9. S

Doyle's hoist failure, need alternative

So I went hunting on Wednesday and just as I'm about to get on my platform the nylon strap on my Doyle's gear hoist snapped. It looked like it got caught up on a leaning tree branch or something but nonetheless I didn't expect it to snap. It screwed everything up and I had to one stick down the...
  10. Cyder

Gear Hoist / Lift Attachment

Hey all, I've been fiddling for awhile with my method of attaching my gear to my lift rope. I was using a 25' section of paracord and tying a knot to lift my bow and untying it when I get it into the tree, but recently I bought a Muddy gear hoist and it is very similar to they Doyle's one. It...
  11. MettBriler

Small diameter rope on a budget

What's up SH?, just wanted to share the new linesman and tether setup I've put together after eyeballing the Oplux for a hot minute (and being budget minded) I set out to find the closest thing and I believe I've found it. Bluewater Protac 9mm and Sterling Rit 900 which is used to make the...
  12. Outdoorguy86

Blue Water 7/16 Static Rope (black)

Selling some extra rope I’ve had stored. Never used, kept in temp controlled basement. I had 300’, but just started using 75’ of it for SRT this year, works great. I am selling the remainder of rope, roughly 225’. I am willing to sell 100’ sections, or the rope as a whole. Will sell 100’ for $80...
  13. Dmeckert18

Wtb a ropeman 1

Looking for a ropeman 1 or 2
  14. J

Is this rope okay?

I'm looking to get into DbRT, and eventually SRT with saddle hunting. I just ordered the Mantis saddle, and I'm trying to get all the gear together I will need. Does this rope look okay for a climbing line? I will also probably make it into a tether and lineman's belt, and make a short bridge...
  15. Murph4028

Predator Rope Durability

I use different ropes for different applications and predator is my favorite to use for my tether. Like everything about it but when doing my routine rope checks this morning I noticed multiple flat spots in the rope. Flat spots are generally an early warning sign to replace the rope because the...
  16. C

DIY Rope & Stick Platform

I didn't know what to call this climbing method but nonetheless wanted to get some opinions on its potential pros and cons. I like it and am currently making one, I have a Tethrd Mantis coming with a Predator Platform so I'll probably use that instead of the lumber as mentioned in the video as...
  17. Murph4028

WTB Muddy Rope Cams

Want to buy muddy rope attachment cams or rope cams similar in size that accept the same size rope as the muddys do. I need two but will purchase more if you got em.
  18. pesqimon

SRT with only 2 Ropeman's

So I have been playing with SRT for tree climbing a bit. I have RADS technique down but was wondering if a Texas Kick system would be viable and better. The advantage of the Texas Kick system over RADS is that it is simpler with less gear requirements. My results were simpler and better than I...
  19. Blitzboy9

Custom or premade tree strap/lineman belt

I’m considering ordering 7/16 three strand rope with 3-inch eyelets, from R&W rope, to use as my tree strap and lineman belt in conjunction with ropeman 1 on both. Just wanted to hear input on what you guys are doing. I can order my mantis with their ropes or just order the saddle and do my own...
  20. J

Breaking stuff

Found this awesome video on breaking stuff
Back