• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ros

1. K

Carrying ring of steps to hunting location & up tree

Outside of in your pack, I am curious how people are carrying their ring of steps set up to their hunting location and up the tree? I am new to hunting & saddle hunting and am trying to figure out the most efficient way to do everything. As of right now, I am trying to make it so I do not have...
  2. hokiehunter373

WTB Squirrel Steps

As the title says. Please let me know if you have any for sale. Would take an OCB as well
  3. Shakeandbake

WTB EWO Ring of steps

Looking for EOW ring of steps
  4. parsnip

WE/Primal Treehopper ROS hybrid issues?

Hey All, I am really digging my primal step for a platform with the aluminum DIY mod. I also bought 2 treehopper steps to add a little flexibility for getting around the tree. That isn’t working so well. They twist, sag, make noise, etc. Im new to the ROS thing. So maybe my expectations for...
  5. Kroggenk

Different Types of ROS - Pros & Cons

I’ve read a plethora of threads on the various ring of steps models available. I’m still having trouble figuring out all the pros and cons of them all, keeping me from pulling the trigger on a new set. Currently, I have some Ameristeps that I truly enjoy. Sure, they slide around a bit on the...
  6. Murph4028

Ratchet straps are not the devil

Since buying my squirrel steps last winter I've been messing with them from time to time trying to get them just right. There are many great things to say about squirrel steps and the main reason I bought them was their excellent packability. Everything negative I am about to say is just my...
  7. Slingpredator06

No platform options

Currently in a platform dilemma. As I stated in another thread I have a buddy whos looking for a LW Assassin platform and weve been talking platforms a lot lately. I have always used a ROS and screw ins but the other day I played around on his DIY XOP platform and really liked the platform...
  8. DanO

SquirrelSteps (aluminum Ameristeps) available now! (ROS)

If you missed the "Calling all Ameristep Users" thread, you might not realize that we have a community developed aluminum Ameristep replacement now available. Through a lot of back and forth discussions and revamping of sketches between many members, my machinist was able to produce some...
  9. Slingpredator06

Anyone need ROS

So I know recently yall had a big development project going on strap steps which Ill go ahead and say was pretty cool. You guys really came together and made a legit product. I happen to be one of those guys who likes to design my own stuff rather than buy it off the shelf so it suits my needs...
Back