• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

tether

1. S

Tether rope recommendations

I was wondering how long does everyone use their tether for or how long they last? And is there any that people recommend? I have Tethrds ropes, the 11mm got a bulge in the eye within a year and Tethrd was great with a warranty. But then the 8mm which was used for a year and half now the prusik...
  2. Red Beard

The scrap yard may be calling for your delta link

Saddle hunting is dangerous. People have died doing it. Know that if you hunt from an elevated position, there is a higher percentage of you not coming home to your loved ones than if you stay on the ground. Take the words/ideas of dudes on the internet with a grain of salt; very few of them are...
  3. BeardedHunter

Sewn eye applied tethers/linemans

So I’m looking for a new lineman’s rope to replace my 11mm rope. I replaced my tether last year and I love the Oplux so I’m wanting to do the same for my lineman’s rope. My only issue is I’d like a little bit longer rope than the 7’ finished tether I got from Bullman last year. Nothing wrong...
  4. Bayou chasseur

Saddle setup- saddle, ropes, ropeman 1, etc.

Treehopper saddle (double panel saddle) Treehopper screw in paddle - 2 Ropeman 1 - 2 Black diamond carabiner - 2 Tree tether and lineman’s belt with spliced eye Not interested in selling items individually Buyer pays shipping $200
  5. S

Splice Hunter Safety System rope and tree strap

Does anyone know if guys have been able to splice these ropes. I'm trying to get the specs, diameter and strands etc but can't find anything. Hunter Safety System Treestand Lifeline Manufacturer model #: LLS+ Hunter Safety System Rope-Style Tree Strap Manufacturer model #: RSTS
  6. WookieBowcaster

Position of Carabiners

Noob question — Is there a preferred / recommended / safe way in which to position the carabiners on the lineman belt and tether? On the lineman belt I have the gate facing down. Wide side towards me. Narrow side towards the tree. On the tether I have the gate facing up / towards me. Wide side...
  7. diuilin

WTS (REDUCED PRICE) New Tethrd Mantis XL w/ microfit adjusters | Lineman & Tether

I bought this Mantis as part of a package of new gear, knowing that I would need a smaller size. I've never even had it out of the house, so there are no signs of wear. It is identical to one you might buy from Tethrd for $200 plus $16 for microfit adjusters plus tax and shipping. Buy it all...
  8. C

New Saddle Hunter from OK

Alright alright alright. This will be my first year saddle hunting so I’m still trying to figure out what all materials I will need. I’m kind of on a budget so I’m going with the seat drag rock harness this year! What kind of rope should I use for my tether? And for my linesman rope? What size...
  9. Eckert_Hunter18

Oplux rope with ropeman1

Does anyone run oplux rope with a ropeman 1. If so God does it do for you, I know its outside of the specs of the ropeman but I've heard mixed views on that matter. Trying to get more knowledge on the matter before makeing a decision
  10. MettBriler

Small diameter rope on a budget

What's up SH?, just wanted to share the new linesman and tether setup I've put together after eyeballing the Oplux for a hot minute (and being budget minded) I set out to find the closest thing and I believe I've found it. Bluewater Protac 9mm and Sterling Rit 900 which is used to make the...
  11. T

Tether

What’s everyone’s favorite tether? Currently I’m using my Hunters Safety System safety line that I had for attaching to my safety harness. It seems kind of heavy and clunky. Any suggestions?
  12. Red Beard

WTT Tethrd linemans for Tethrd tether

I'll send you my never-been-climbing Tethrd linemans belt and you send me your like condition Tethrd tether (preferably green and black). :-)
  13. Murph4028

Modifying a linemans belt

So after switching to using bolts for a climbing method its had me thinking about my linemans belt. I know some guys on here use a tree squeeze and those look like they would be great to have in the event of a slip but at 169 bucks I feel like with a little thought it could be made instead of...
  14. Amarty734

DIY lineman's belt and tether vs Tethrd

I am new to saddle hunting and am beginning to put together my setup. I am contemplating making my own lineman's belt and tether, or to just buy them from Tethrd when I get my mantis. They are pretty close in price actually when all is said and done. Here is a breakdown of what I have found...
  15. Slingpredator06

Climbing system failure

A buddy of mine took a fall this morning. As he was climbing up to his hang on stand a folding step on a very popular climbing stick failed causing it to rotate straight down. (Item is not under recall) This caused him to lose his balance falling to the right while hanging on to the top steps...
  16. SouthernTierHunter

Help w DIY Tether and Lineman's Belt

I have never saddle hunted before or even been in one. I would like to start prepping trees now and practicing shooting form one but I need a saddle to do so. I ordered a Aero Hunter Kite but as you probably know its on back order until mid September. I have a rock harness and sit drag on the...
  17. G

Building new tether - replace blake's hitch with klemheist?

I'm replacing my old tether that came with my Aero Evolution (3rd season). I purchased new Samson Predator and 9mm Samson Accessory Cord (same as the currently shipping lanyards) from Wesspur. After playing with the new lines in the house, I'm thinking that a prusik loop-based hitch like a...
Back