• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

“P” bottle or let it fly?

Chickenhawk

I have my own thoughts on this, not sure if they are correct. Always wanted to ask this to a bunch of other hunters. What’s everyone’s thoughts, “P” in a bottle or just let it go from the stand??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the real question is does deer pee smell like my pee? I do not know... maybe if I eat chlorophyll ? Any science in all this or just opinions.

Just opinion based on experiences. I have not noticed deer to react negatively to my pee. I have had deer, including mature deer, sniff the area. One buck smelled the area then started to rip a tree up. After that I never worried about it again. Maybe it will cost me a buck one day but so far I don't worry about it.

I never go while in the tree . But if I had to I would . I don't think it bothers deer. I know alot of guys go in scrapes. I also think if you hunt around an area were there is a lot of human activity it doesn't bother them.

I’ve always peed in a bottle. Makes a nice hand warmer when done. Maybe I should just let it fly. A guy in a lease I was on caught his kids peeing on his corn pile. The next day it was gone. I had another kind of emergency while hunting one time. Only mad it about 30 yards from my stand before I had to drop them and go. Didn’t see a deer or get one on camera from that stand for close to a month.

Let it fly. It boggles my mind that deer don't pick up human scent from it, but I've seen it enough times to know they do not.

Back