• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

11mm Tether rope that can be spliced?

Hello everyone! I'm building out my saddle setup for 2021 and I am wanting to try a tether with a spliced eye. Is there a go to 11mm rope that can be spliced? I'm somewhat confused as to what rope can or cant be spliced. I've also read some rope is easier to splice than others. Any suggestions?

Unless you are just dying to get into the splicing game the pre-made version of these from Tethrd seems like a great place to start. There is certainly a wide variance on which ropes are splice-able (either sewn or bury) and how well that works in terms of strength lost and so on. Most of the large rope sellers will note whether it can be spliced or not, and many will do the splicing for you.

The rope sellers sometimes state a rope can’t be spliced when the manufacturer says it can, they just don’t want to do it for some reason.
Haven’t there been some recent failures with the Tethrd tethers?

Thanks for the recommendation on wild line ropes. That is a great price. Anyone have any experience with that company?

Thanks for the recommendation on wild line ropes. That is a great price. Anyone have any experience with that company?

I do! Bought a tether and he made me a custom 30’ rope with a 2” spliced eye so I can use that for a life line when my sons go with me. Great prices, customer service and awesome products!!!!

My buddy got their tether and lineman’s belt. Good price and quality. He wishes he had had asked for a bigger loop on one them, can’t remember which.... Otherwise happy with the products and service.

Back