• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2 people one tree

GrantEagle

How to hunt and film? I’d I’d best to set up 90 degrees apart or what? Pictures or a quick drawing would be helpful

Haven't done it but I'd think 180 with the filmer a few feet above the shooter

We’ve talked about this on here before in the context of saddle hunting with a kid - having a cameraman is similar, just a bigger kid!

I have done this successfully with a multi-trunk tree. I think that’s the best option.

I have practiced in a single trunk with my daughter but not done a hunt that way. I am a right-handed shooter, so it seemed to work best and was safest (think of where your broadhead is in relation to the other person) to have her a little over 90 degrees to my right.

Back