• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2 tc

Slingin eastons

Is any one willing to lent out a rig so a fella could check it out ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What “rig” are you wanting to check out? You have a tether and lineman’s belt correct? You can use one of those for the tether and the other for the footloop tether or you can tie one yourself with webbing. Or are you looking to try a CGM kit out specifically or something?

I just did what GRC said. I used my standard tether up top and my linesman's rope as the bottom tether. I tied a quick loop with 1" webbing and hooked it to a caribeaner on my linesman's ropeman. Its probably not an optimal setup long term, but it cost me zero dollars to try out 2TC climbing. i tried it once quickly and I made it 10' up the tree. With a little practice and refinement I think it would work just great. When it warms I'll do just that and if I'm comfortable I'll probably upgrade to a dedicated foot tether and rappel rope/tether for up top.

thanks
rick

I am going to give it a try this spring and see how it compares to one stick. Without having tried it I think it will be more strenuous and time consuming. I may be wrong and won't know until I try it. Has anyone out there made a comparison of the two methods? I would be interested to hear about your experience.

That simplicity really is the beauty of 2TC. Almost everyone that has any saddle hunting experience will have just about all it takes to make up a simple set up to try 2TC without spending money to see if they like it. Keep this in mind also. I am pretty efficient at 2TC now but the first time I tried it was tough. The second time I tried it the process was easier, and I saw the potential. It took a couple of weeks playing around with it to get proficient. Just try one or two moves up and down. Low and slow is the key at first.

You gotta post your general whereabouts so if someone is nearby you could meet up! My location is in my signature...so is yr willing to come to Duluth I'll let you try some unique stuff.

You’ve already got everything.

You have a tether and a linemans belt. Everything else you see as “must haves” are just Gucci stuff.

I am going to give it a try this spring and see how it compares to one stick. Without having tried it I think it will be more strenuous and time consuming. I may be wrong and won't know until I try it. Has anyone out there made a comparison of the two methods? I would be interested to hear about your experience.

You can go really simple with the 2TC. I have 2 versa straps and a carabiner in my pocket as my backup climbing method in the event that my one stick setup fails for some reason. I think 2TC really shine if you are a ring of steps guy. but as I preferred a platform, there is no real weight saving benefits and no time benefit either. With one stick climbing you can usually get to 16-18 ft with 3 moves. I usually get 18 inches per move with 2tc. Then I still need to set my platform anyway.

You’ve already got everything.

You have a tether and a linemans belt. Everything else you see as “must haves” are just Gucci stuff.

Totally agree, but I think its the 'Gucci' stuff that make or break 2TC especially with new users. I tried it 2 years ago with simple Amsteel daisy chain at first and was convinced you jerks were pulling my chain and set me up for a self hazing. Now people are going with larger ropes and extra features that make it more comfortable, I think the advancement really help promote the method. Like using a RCH/sit drag is night and day difference to using a TX5 saddle. So you do have the needed materials for 2TC with just a tender and lineman rope, I think its important on how they are configured to best suit the method. I suggest look at some of the pictures of other people setups and mod your existing gear to mimic, test, then try some other setup.

You can go really simple with the 2TC. I have 2 versa straps and a carabiner in my pocket as my backup climbing method in the event that my one stick setup fails for some reason. I think 2TC really shine if you are a ring of steps guy. but as I preferred a platform, there is no real weight saving benefits and no time benefit either. With one stick climbing you can usually get to 16-18 ft with 3 moves. I usually get 18 inches per move with 2tc. Then I still need to set my platform anyway.

Totally agree, but I think its the 'Gucci' stuff that make or break 2TC especially with new users. I tried it 2 years ago with simple Amsteel daisy chain at first and was convinced you jerks were pulling my chain and set me up for a self hazing. Now people are going with larger ropes and extra features that make it more comfortable, I think the advancement really help promote the method. Like using a RCH/sit drag is night and day difference to using a TX5 saddle. So you do have the needed materials for 2TC with just a tender and lineman rope, I think its important on how they are configured to best suit the method. I suggest look at some of the pictures of other people setups and mod your existing gear to mimic, test, then try some other setup.
You're right, Comfort on your foot isn't necessary to try it, but it may be necessary to like it enough to keep practicing and get proficient! I know I wouldn't have kept going without a 4" foot loop.

Back