• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2014 Deer Contest Standyby

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
If anyone else is interested in participating in the contest please post here. If enough people are interested I will add another team.

Do elk count? Due to EHD, I can't shoot a WT doe this year. I can shoot an elk though and I have a tag for a bull and cow.

1simplemann said:
Do elk count? Due to EHD, I can't shoot a WT doe this year. I can shoot an elk though and I have a tag for a bull and cow.

I can't count elk this year cause the rules have been set. That is a shame about EHD. Maybe we can include them next year. If you are interested before the contest starts next year just remind me.

I am new to saddle hunting and new to this forum, but I would love to get into this contest. The season for Michigan Starts October 1st, 2014. Is it too late to get in on bragging rights.

bmulnix said:
I am new to saddle hunting and new to this forum, but I would love to get into this contest. The season for Michigan Starts October 1st, 2014. Is it too late to get in on bragging rights.

Welcome to the site!

If we get 2 more people to join in the contest to make another team, you're in!

Not is a saddle yet, but by Halloween I should have the kinks ironed out enough. If there are spots available, sign me up.

Vorsteg said:
Not is a saddle yet, but by Halloween I should have the kinks ironed out enough. If there are spots available, sign me up.

1 more person and you guys are in!

That sounds reasonable. You guys are in!

Team 6 - Added 9-30
Bmulnix
Vorsteg

I'll join if I can.

Also, can I enter the deer I shot earlier this year? It was out of my saddle, which is how you knew I saddle hunted Scott, but I don't have the saddle in the picture. Didn't need it for the other contest. LOL

Either way, I'd like to join a team. I should be good for at least another doe out of the saddle and hopefully a decent buck.

Thanks. -Matt

Yea Matty, you are in, Team 6!

Just post the pic of your doe up on the entries page and we'll count it!

Any other teams need a member? Just found this forum and I'm living it! Would love to be on a team for contest.

MilkWeed said:
Any other teams need a member? Just found this forum and I'm living it! Would love to be on a team for contest.

Welcome to the site!

You're first on the list for team 7. When we get 1 more person we'll make the team and then if we get another we'll add them :D

Attachments

• postage.jpg
    postage.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 4
Lucky Team 7! John Eberhart is the final member of team 7!

Any openings left? I'd like to join a team.

Never did a Deer contest in an online forum. Is there a breakdown of how this works somewhere?

d_rek said:
Any openings left? I'd like to join a team.

Never did a Deer contest in an online forum. Is there a breakdown of how this works somewhere?

Here are the rules: http://www.saddlehunter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=258
It is easy and just for fun.

I will put you next on the standby list. If we get one more, team 8 will be created, and then 1 more would fill the team.

If your still trying to fill a team, I'd like to take part. Our season just opened this weekend. If not, no big deal.

Allen

Back